What's new

LaZBoy Matinee. Anybody got em? (1 Viewer)

Rutgar

Second Unit
Looking at the size of the LaZboy Matinees, they would fit much better in my room than the other theater seating I have picked out. But, I couldn't find anything about color or material options on the LaZboy website. Does anyone here know whether or not the Matinees come in Black?

Thank you.

- Rutgar

JimMAC

Agent
Rutgar,
Yes, black leather and black fabric. I was just recently at a local La-z-boy furniture gallery. The chairs are quite comfortable and I found them a little better than the Berk line and Lane versions.

Rutgar

Second Unit
Okay, thanks. I've been to several furnature stores in the past several months, and I was amazed at how few things are available in black. I live in the Dallas area, so there are several LaZboy stores here. I'll get by one of them this week.

- Rutgar

EricWT

Grip
I just checked out the La-z-boy Matinees: I thought they were very comfortable, firm and supportive. However, a friend of mine came along and thought they were awful. We are pretty sure it is a size issue: I am 6'3", with pretty long legs; she is 5'8" (i.e. not very short). She said she felt like a child sitting in them. Also, it took her great force to recline the seatback. She did feel that the leather version was more comfortable, but it also had the power recline feature which may have biased her opinion. Personally I found the microfiber better as I like the extra grip.

I should also mention that as my friend tried hard to recline the seat, she pushed with her hands on the arms of the chair (like the salesperson suggested) and the tray that was built into the arm ripped right off. I doubt this is normal, but it would be worth checking out the fit and finish some when taking delivery.

I think the price here in Toronto was about $800 CAD per seat "on sale" so $599 USD sounds comparable.

Eric

EricWT

Grip
I just checked out the La-z-boy Matinees: I thought they were very comfortable, firm and supportive. However, a friend of mine came along and thought they were awful. We are pretty sure it is a size issue: I am 6'3", with pretty long legs; she is 5'8" (i.e. not very short). She said she felt like a child sitting in them. Also, it took her great force to recline the seatback. She did feel that the leather version was more comfortable, but it also had the power recline feature which may have biased her opinion. Personally I found the microfiber better as I like the extra grip.

I should also mention that as my friend tried hard to recline the seat, she pushed with her hands on the arms of the chair (like the salesperson suggested) and the tray that was built into the arm ripped right off. I doubt this is normal, but it would be worth checking out the fit and finish some when taking delivery.

I think the price here in Toronto was about $800 CAD per seat "on sale" so $599 USD sounds comparable.

Eric

I checked out the Matinee chairs last week. Very comfortable, but outrageously priced. $1600 Canadian minimum per chair in leather. High end micro fiber is $900 per chair, but leather is so much more durable.

The power recline is also a nice option as it allows you to have the leg support at any level between fully extended and flush. With manual recline, you can only have the two extremes. Leather seats with the power option was close to $2000 per chair! I have seen ads in the paper over the last few years where they offer a "buy one get one free" promotion. I wonder if this promotion applies to these seats. Probably not, but it would be the only way I could justify that amount of dough.

HeatherM

Stunt Coordinator
Looked at Berkline and La-Z-Boy and those prices are insane. I think you made a good decision going for the regular black leather recliners/l-shape- you get much more seat for the money.

FYI- I'm selling two black leather recliners and a black wedge from La-Z-Boy for much less than a grand. Check out my post in the hardware for sale forum.

Demetrius

Agent
I am looking for theater seating also but I am hoping to find seats for sub $600 each. I went to http://www.4seating.com/ and there are several choices in my perceived price range. I was just wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge of the comfort of the Nemesis or T3 models? There is a significant (33% difference in price) between them. I haven't found a local supplier, I just hesitate spending $8K for 13 seats without some idea of the comfort level to expect.

Thanks for you consideration...

lazydude

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben Johnson
Yep! I have 6 of the chairs in my home theatre room. I would not trade them in for anything else. I got them at Orlando La-Z-Boy in case anyone wanted to pick up a set.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, yes.

I suppose anyone who lives in the Orlando area might find LazBoy chairs at their local LaZBoy store...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks