Lawman - Coming July 1st to Encore Westerns

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by -, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    I don't mind the teasers since (I assume) that is how the show originally ran.

2. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

I'm sure it is how they originally ran. I never liked it in the shows I saw during their original run either. But that's probably just me.

3. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Quote:

It's not just you, Brad. I dislike teasers that reveal anything from the upcoming episode as well. And I'd probably do the same thing you are in terms of recording - purists be darned. In my opinion it's no fun being spoiled by a teaser.

Gary "I'll probably pick these up later this year from Encore - I'm holding off adding those channels to my satellite package until they get closer to airing Rawhide" O.

4. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    I don't think the teasers in Lawman really give away that much, but I'll admit, I don't always pay as close of attention to them as I do the show. I would rather see an extra minute of original story line than the duplication presented in the teaser. But, Lawman is what it is.

Every now and then, I'll see a teaser in a show, or episodic promo for a show, that I think does go too far in giving away the story, and yes, I wish they wouldn't do that. And, if they had eliminated the teasers on Lawman, I could have learned to live with it, as I have the "next weeks scenes" segments that are not shown on the Gunsmoke episodes.

I'm not defending the use of teasers, just the original format of the show. If you like to edit them out, go for it. I'm leaving them in, and I think WB leaving the bumpers in would have been great, too. But, that's just me.

5. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    All the B&W Warner shows originally had teasers

6. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

They are easy enough to edit out. Unfortunately, that is not the real problem. The issue is that every once in a while it is not a teaser but a sort of prologue setting up the story. Anybody that has watched the "Joker" episode will understand that without that preliminary scene before the intro there are parts of the story that won't make sense later on. So if I can't determine this at first glance I need to watch it through once so I can know if I should edit it out for some future viewing later.

Actually, it is really just a bit of an annoyance. I'm really grateful to just be able to get an oppotunity to see and capture these. And the Encore Western channel makes it so much easier for editing anyway in that they don't have any ads within the episode itself to remove. just a little trimming at the front and end. While on the THIS network where I am still working my way through "Sea Hunt" (going on a year now Gary) there are usually three spots to edit and it is hard not to see parts of the story during the process. So I won't watch be watching those until completely done so I can forget everything I saw (at least they appear to be complete and uncut).

7. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    Looks like Lawman's ride on Encore Westerns coming to an end on June 28. Laredo apparently takes it's place on July 1st. So long Marshall Troop, thanks for the memories.

8. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Had my hopes up for a DVD release when I saw a new post. I only watched a few episodes on encore to get a taste of the show but I really want to view it the 1st time with the improved prints WA will offer if/when released. Well I'm pretty confident it will come eventually just have to wait a little longer.

9. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    Time to set the DVR soon!!! I haven't seen Laredo since I was a kid and it aired on Sunday night in syndication, right after the news I believe. Looking forward to it!