What's new

Law & Order: Trial By Jury Set (1 Viewer)

Britton

Screenwriter
Now you can listen to the hyper-active variation of the L&O theme used for this series over and over.

Ah, and I see the smart marketing at work with Orbach on the cover.

MattHR

Screenwriter
The price is a bit steep, but I'll still pick up the set. I'm a big L&O fan, so I was disappointed when TBJ was canceled. I think maybe four L&O shows were a bit too much. Between the broadcasts of the first-run shows and all the cable reruns, TBJ never got noticed. I'm hoping the cross-over episodes are included.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
So am I. I'm trying to figure out how they're going to set this up, though. With 13 episodes and three discs, there's going to be some crowding unless they do one double-sided disc. If they do that, they might as well add the two crossover episodes. The best thing to do, though, would be to make it a four-disc set.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Which would make a third disc unnecessary (8 episodes per disc, 2 discs would equal 16 episodes, and there'll be between 13 and 15 on the set).

MattHR

Screenwriter
Given Universal's fetish for double-sided discs, they'll probably use a configuration of DVD-10, DVD-14 and DVD-18 discs...just to piss me off.

I'd prefer four DVD-9s...but what do I know.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
Why can't Universal get it right?! This was shown in Widescreen and 5.1 on NBC, Why do we get a substandard product on DVD?

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I will get it eventually. I never heard why it was cancelled in the first place and was taken by suprise by the cancellation.

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
I am glad to get these episodes. I do wish (maybe as a bonus disc?) that the two cross over episodes would be included.

Yes, the 16:9 and the 5.1 from the High Def versions would be nice, but I think that this might be a Dick Wolf decision...

- cheers, Michael

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
It was cancelled because the ratings were considered to low for NBC to renew it - despite the facts that it was higher-rated than many other NBC shows and that it was the highest-rated show of the 2004-2005 season to be cancelled.

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
According to TVShowsOnDVD.com the SVU cross over episode "Night" with Angela Lansbury that were both shown on the same night will be included, but the L&O one will not. It would be nice to have shown BOTH.

But I'll take what I can get...

Thrilled this is coming out on DVD. Would be more thrilled if it were 16:9

- Michael

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I wish they'd include both crossovers, but I'm glad just to get the SVU one. While there is a plotline that continues between the L&O/TBJ crossover, it's basic and minimal, like almost any other Law & Order universe crossover. The SVU/TBJ crossover is unique in that it's the bulk of a storyline that's being carried over, which is really a first for the Law & Order franchise. Eventually, we'll get the L&O: Season 15 release with that episode; the SVU episode "Night" was needed to better understand "Day" (especially since they aired without interruption between the two on original airing).

Also, I'm glad that there'll be deleted scenes and profiles on Orbach and Neuwirth. I'm not particularly crazy on the five episodes per disc idea, but as long as the discs don't freeze up or anything, I'm going to have one happy birthday this year (it releases two days after my birthday, and this was my wish after cancellation: to get the show on DVD).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks