What's new

Law & Order: SVU premiere, Law & Order: CI premier, Monk premier all in June! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's the Monk cover:

We now know what the "incredible special features" are for SVU. In addition to the L&O:SVU premiere episode "Payback" (9/20/99), you will also get:
• The Original Series Premiere of Law & Order: "Everybody's
Favorite Bagman"
• Law & Order Featurette
• Special Victims Unit: "The Beginning"
• Dan Florek squad room walk-through
• Cast & crew bios
• Script guide premiere episode

We also now know what the "incredible special features" are for CI. In addition to the L&O:CI premiere episode "One" (9/30/01), you will also get:
• The Original Series Premiere of Law & Order: "Everybody's
Favorite Bagman"
• Law & Order Featurette
• Criminal Intent: "The Beginning"
• Cast & crew bios
• Script guide premiere episode

Do those two supplements list sound pretty close to each other? No accident...except for the Dan Florek walk-through on SVU, they're identical! :eek:

Colin-H

Second Unit
This is such bad news. I have been waiting and waiting for them to announce the second year L&O set.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
So, let's see if I understand this correctly. If we don't buy the individual episodes of these series then Universal will think there is no interest in them and not release anything else. If we do buy them Universal will figure they can release single episodes and/or "best of" sets. So those wanting complete seasons are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Jeeze.

I'll probably get Monk since I can justify buying what amounts to a movie. But the truth is I will only buy the L&O episodes in season sets. No freakin' way am I paying $14-$20 for single episodes. Since I already have L&O Season 1, I don't need 2 more copies of the pilot episode. For every wonderful thing that transpires with DVD, there's always another bone-headed decision waiting around the corner.:angry:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
If we do buy them Universal will figure they can release single episodes and/or "best of" sets.
Not necessarily. The release of just the pilots could simply be Universal's way of "testing the waters" for interest in the shows "on the cheap." Warner Bros. did essentially the same thing with Babylon 5 - releasing two TV movies, and following up with the first season once they saw the sales figures. Universal may just not have as much confidence in the two spin-off L&O series as it did in the original, or in the half-season Monk.

Regards,

Joe

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
Monk hasn't made it to the UK...yet. Keep checking the TV listings. It'll probably be on between 2 - 4 A.M on Channel4.(just kiddin')

I see that the L & O discs are to be full screen. Oh well one more reason not to buy them.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Or even framed for 16:9? It doesn't seem like a very Dick Wolf-ish thing to do; all three L&O series have always looked very much framed for 4:3.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Everyone SHOULD buy ALL 3 of these so as to ensure full season boxsets or any further releases at all. They're obviously testing the market. I don't care much for the original L&O or SVU, but I gotta get CI and Monk for sure.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Both the L&O discs are 4x3 for sure, whether that's OAR or MAR or it's a Duo-AR item like CSI.

More and more word is leaking out from Universal that all season sets of TV shows are on hold pending a possible resolution to the financial difficulties of their owner, Vivendi. I'm not gonna discuss the details yet, so don't bother to ask.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Is this the same Vivendi that Apple Computer is rumoured to be looking to buy? That already has huge implications for downloadable music; hopefully it would mean these individual series will continue to get season box sets!

James Reader

Screenwriter
Apple are only interested in buying the Music subsiduary of Vivendi Universal.

Vivendi is a huge company with lots of interests, from music, films and computer games to water supplies, mobile and landline telephone service provision, European television stations and pay-per-view and internet provision and e-companies.

The company is looking to sell of it's American assets (in effect the Universal of Vivendi Universal) either as a single sale or in smaller part sales, and keeping it's European telecoms and television businesses (it is already in the process of selling it's Water companies, ironic as this is how the company started).

See the following for more information:

Media mogul quits Vivendi

Vivendi posts new record loss

Investigators raid Vivendi offices

Markets applaud Vivendi divorce

James Reader

Screenwriter
Yeah, well it's still nothing compared to AOL-Time Warner :)

I can't see MGM buying... aren't they supposed to be almost up for sale themselves?

Joel C

Screenwriter
Viacom already owns Paramount, no? Somewhere, Sjut Jhally is spinning in his grave. Oh, wait, he's still alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks