What's new

Laverne & Shirley: Together Again (again!) (1 Viewer)

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams reunite with other cast members for a retrospective of ``Laverne & Shirley´´ that includes clips, outtakes and anecdotes. (repeat)

Tonight
ABC 8PM/EST

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Apparently they found a time machine, because the original series was set 15-20 years in the past, so the characters should now be in the 1980s, but the lame bits they did were set in the present day.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
According to the CBS syndicated bible one episode of Laverne and Shirley is unavailable for syndication. Its called "Citizen Krane". It has alot of music but I don't know if that is the reason it is not available. It can be seen at the Paley Centers in NY and LA . Is it on the DVD sets?

LAVERNE & SHIRLEY: CITIZEN KRANE {SECOND SEASON FINALE} (TV)

SUMMARY
One in this comedy series about two young working women in the 1950s.

In this episode, Laverne and Shirley convince Edna to visit the Pizza Bowl, where Frank, Lenny, Squiggy, and Carmine have readied a surprise birthday party for her. A shocked Edna is thrilled to sit with Frank while the group preps for the musical skit they've written in her honor. Suddenly, Charles Pfister Krane, self-proclaimed "showman-entrepreneur-starmaker," enters with his chauffeur to use the phone. Upon observing the group's song, he gives his card to the girls and says that he can take them to "the big time." That evening, Laverne and Shirley receive gifts from Charles, along with a message from his chauffeur that they're to begin rehearsals at his mansion the following morning.

Upon arriving at Charles's estate, the girls are awed by his extravagances. They then begin a week of rehearsals with choreographer Rudy. Back in their apartment, Rosie stops by and begs them for an introduction to Charles, claiming that she also wants to be a star. Laverne says she'll consider it.

On the night of the girls' debut, Charles assembles an audience of critics in his drawing room. Introducing Laverne and Shirley as "The Rosebuds," they then sing "Da Doo Ron Ron" to the onlookers' delight, despite Shirley missing a few of her cues. Afterward, Shirley goes for a walk on the grounds, during which Charles tells Laverne that he has "bought" all the critics. He also announces that he wants Laverne to do the act by herself. When she refuses, Charles calls her an ingrate and says that they're both fired. Laverne quickly turns the tables and gives Charles a verbal tongue-lashing. Later, Laverne takes the blame when telling Shirley about Charles's "review", saying he thought that only Shirley was fine. Shirley immediately says that she and Laverne are a team, after which they dramatically exit the estate with Charles's backup dancers.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
According to the CBS syndicated bible one episode of Laverne and Shirley is unavailable for syndication. Its called "Citizen Krane". It has alot of music but I don't know if that is the reason it is not available. It can be seen at the Paley Centers in NY and LA . Is it on the DVD sets?
Yes, it's on the DVD. It appears intact at over 25 minutes. And they do sing "Da Doo Ron Ron"
vlcsnap-2018-04-04-16h08m24s187.png

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Laverne & Shirley was one of my favorite TV shows when I was a kid.

I met Betty Garrett in the late '70s when her car broke down in front of my Godmother's house in CA. She had an old black Mustang, and a keyring that looked like a giant safety pin. I remember this because my mom's friend who was visiting us while we were staying at my Godmother's (& who's name was also Betty), also drove an old black Mustang, and had a keyring identical to Betty G's. This was utterly fascinating to me at the time. lol.

Anyhow, we sent her home with a bag of oranges from my Godmother's orange tree. I coveted a small, fuzzy figurine of a baby seal she had stuck to her dashboard. She stopped by the next day to thank us & gave me the figurine. :) I still have it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks