Laverne & Shirley: The Complete Sixth Season ... FINALLY coming to DVD, May 21st, 2013!!!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Theodore J. Mooney, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney Supporting Actor

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Laverne-Shirley-Season-6/18094

2. TV_Fan

TV_Fan Second Unit

Chris H
    Excellent! Now if only we can see the final season of Mork & Mindy sometime soon!

3. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    We can only hope as I'm still waiting for Rhoda S5 to come out too.

4. bryan4999

bryan4999 Supporting Actor

Bryan Forbes
    No to mention THE BOB NEWHART SHOW seasons 5 & 6, which were announced on amazon in 2011 (I still get an email from amazon now and then stating that the order is still open but they aren't sure when they will have an update). Great news about L&S!

5. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    I'd really like to know that myself about The Bob Newhart Show Seasons 5 & 6...last I heard, Fox said they weren't releasing them but who knows with them anymore.

6. vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001 Supporting Actor

Season 6 was the first L.A. season, often considered the ultimate "Jump the Shark" moment.

7. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Always a good thing when Paramount announces classic titles...

8. Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney Supporting Actor

Especially ones that have been stalled at one point or another! I hope with this release of Laverne & Shirley means that there is a likelihood of seeing a continuation of Happy Days and Mork and Mindy on DVD (in not-so-distant future)!

9. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

I get doubtful about Happy Days because of all the "ain't gonna happen" threads in the forum. I usually don't pay attention, but it does seem unlikely. I dunno...maybe soon. I'm still floored that they finally are unstalling Family Ties.

10. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    The first California season is actually not that bad. It's afterwards that things really went downhill. Shirley leaving the show was the nail in the coffin.

11. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Quote:
    From the little I know (via the crystal ball over the years and other insider info) it really does seem like Happy Days is going to be a tough nut to crack and get back into the rotation because of the extensive music issues. There were so many pop songs used, and if we did get a release I can't imagine how chopped up and/or filled with subbed music it would be. I just don't think this one is in the cards.
    Gary "of course, now that I said that publicly a full and complete boxed set will be announced tomorrow" O.

12. Kasey

Kasey Second Unit

Kasey
    Agreed. Aside from the convent episode with Louise Lasser and the season-opener where the girls are hypnotized into behaving like chickens, Season 8 is unwatchable--especially the episodes with Frank or Carmine center-stage. I hope S7 comes out eventually too.

13. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    While I agree that Shirley leaving was the nail in the coffin, I watched all except about three episodes on The Hub for the California years a year or so ago (The other's never showed up). There wasn't a single one that I'd classify as good. A few come close to approaching that category like the hypnotism one and the two part episode where they have to break into their bosses office overnight to get a letter back telling him off when they didn't get their raise (They got it after they sent it so they wanted to retrieve it before he saw it). But that's as good as any of the California episodes reached. Those seasons are in the "ok" category at best. The first four seasons of Milwaukee are great, the last season there was decent but showing a clear decline, and then I have no interest in owning the rest when everyone pulled up anchor and moved to California. Even when they had a great premise in the later seasons they couldn't turn out a good episode let alone a great one (The one where their apartment was haunted is such a missed opportunity that had a lot of potential but fell flat).

14. JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL Stunt Coordinator

I am another one who didn't necessarily hate the California episodes...in fact I used to look forward to them in syndication! But late in that era, the show did get campy, and then when it became "Laverne...Where's Shirley?" that was the point of no return. One bad thing about this set is because it's nigh-impossible to get Beatles song rights, we will lose the "Yesterday" montage at the end of the last Milwaukee episode. (and of course since this is CBS we're talking about, it won't end with that. Plus no Paramount Blue Mountains) Always loved that part.

15. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    Season 8 was a trainwreck of a season as that was when the show completely deteriorated in content and style, but glad Season 6 and maybe Season 7 will come out soon. Now if mad About you Season 6 & 7 comes out would also be nice along with a few other shows we have discussed throughout on here.