What's new

Laverne and Shirley Season 3 (1 Viewer)

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
I was just on wikipedia web surfing because I was bored. You know that feeling when you don't know what you want to do so you just do something? I get that feeling alot. Another thing I get...... Sorry. Back to the point, it says season 3 is due to be released September 18. I checked the Happy Days page and it hd no set release date for season 3. I don't know if this is legit or not. Heres the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laverne_and_shirley

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
First rule of Wikipedia:

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia.

Second rule of Wikipedia:

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia.

In less snarky terms, people often post DVD "release dates" to Wikipedia that are nothing more than uneducated guesses. Don't take 'em seriously unless you get it confirmed somewhere else.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
actually, Wikipedia posted accurate release dates on the Roseanne DVD's before TSOD had them listed. You never know

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
They also had a Fresh Prince of Bel Air Season 5 release date but I forgot when it was.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
That would be so great if Season 3 was released soon after Season 2. I would be in store on the day of release to buy it. I guess we'll find out after Season 2 comes out. I'm wondering if Paramount is planning to release the series in its entirety. Also, we were given the release date several months before the actual release. So, maybe they are planning some kind of retro-promotion with Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams. Sony did this with some cast members from "The Facts Of Life" and the set sold exceptionally well. If they do it with this show, then maybe we'll see sales rise and more seasons released. :)

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
The only things I've noticed that were changed in Season Three's DVD set is the cutting of Carmine's singing intros.

Anybody else?

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
There is a clip in Robot Lawsuit that is edited somewhat poorly in the dvd. "The Good Ship Lollipop" is cut-out probably for music licensing issues. Both Laverne & Shirley sing it and then the toy store clerk. It is entirely eliminated and the laugh track is heard as if something was said that we didn't get to hear. You can see this scene in the syndicated version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks