What's new

Laugh In...Season Sets Anytime? (1 Viewer)

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I've been wanting to pick up the two best of collections from Rhino but have held off in the hopes that Rhino will eventually release season sets of this series. Anyone know if there are any such plans?

- Randy

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
If I know Rhino, they probably will. But you'll probably be waiting a while. Remember: they fumbled around with the Sid & Marty Kroft shows for a while with single volumes and compilation DVDs. Now they're going the series route. They did the same thing with The Monkees and the recently-announced My Favorite Martian.

The golden rule with the smaller studios is that they will make as much off the handful of properties they have as they possibly can. You needn't look any further than what Rhino has done with it's properties or what Image has done with some its stuff (The Twilight Zone, anyone?) for proof.

I say there's nothing wrong with that, but 'caveat emptor'. Make sure you're buying the final edition of something so you don't have to double-dip. I went out and purchased all 5 Twilight Zone collections only to realize season sets are coming at the end of this year. Luckily, I was able to enjoy them for a full year before turning around and getting almost what I paid for them. :D

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
With Laugh-In season sets may come for all seasons but the last one. George Schlatter hates these episodes with such a passion that they haven't been seen since their original NBC airings. Even Trio doesn't have the rights to any episodes after 1970.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks