What's new

latest superbit dvd's (1 Viewer)

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
It depends on which region you mean?

R1 - Spider-Man, Black Hawk Down

R2 - Spder-Man

R2Japan - Joan of Arc, Erin Brockovich, Baron Munchausen

I have not heard anything about The Core. It was released in a very nice edition for R2Japan with one of the best packings I ever seen, but it sold out rather quickly.

I found it here:
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/pro...ducts_id=17461

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
It is official that Sony is releasing Black Hawk Down here in the US on Superbit. The kicker is, the Region one version will be spread over two discs unlike the Region 3 edition. This could mean an even better picture quality then the already excellent Korean edition. Can't wait to see it!

CraigL

Screenwriter
Again...why on earth would you want a movie split over two discs when a version exists with amazing picture and sound already? Do you enjoy the stopping and changing? lol

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
No, I enjoy the best picture quality possible. Black Hawk Down is a long movie and when you put it on a disc with two seperate 5.1 tracks, there will be some compromise. Spreading it out over two discs is the right thing to do. People bitch a lot about picture quality with DVDs but when a long movie that NEEDS to be on two discs (i.e. Schindler's List) is spread out people start whining about that. Too many whiners in this hobby.

If they had to spread a movie out over four discs I wouldn't care as long as they were giving me the best picture quality they could give me.

John-S

Auditioning
Has the R2 Japan Taxi Driver Superbit been released yet? I seem to remember hearing something about it a while back...

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Just curious if anyone has bought the Adventures of Baron Munchausen Superbit mentioned above, and if so, well, how is it? I know the region 1 bare-bones version is pretty good, image-wise, and I wanted to know if the Superbit is a worthwhile improvement.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I've got it but haven't watched it yet. I did just watch the HD version on DTV. Didn't look much better than the R1 DVD.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Mark,

I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know what you think when you finish it. It's one of my favorite movies of all time, and I've been holding out on buying the regular region 1 edition in the hopes that something better was going to come along.

Also, where did you end up purchasing it from?

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Does anyone know if the R1 super-bit of Spider-Man has a newer/better transfer than the special edition? I didn't buy it because I thought it looked terrible, and was hoping they'd improve it for the eventual super-bit release.
Thanks,
Marty.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator

Whatever! I can't see how you can "better" the Korean Superbit edition... It is already flawless. Also koreandvds currently have a deal where they sell it for $15.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks