What's new

Latest ebay scam??? (1 Viewer)

Kevin/Da

Auditioning
I've seen several threads about ebay scams involving wiring money to Bulgaria, but what about the dozens of listings that for $5.00 (more or less) will supply URLs for websites where you can buy various plasma TVs for $300-$500? Is this just a new twist?

I'm skeptical to say the least:) Skeptical AND curious...

Thanks.

Richard Paul

Stunt Coordinator
It is a scam since any place that could sell GOOD plasma's for $300 and make a profit would be doing a bit more advertising.

It sounds like a scam, since wiring money in North America is dangerous enough, let alone off the continent.

I got cheated out of some electronics from a Projector "dealer" in Oklahoma who received my money and never sent any product.

He's been arrested for defrauding me and many others. I doubt I will see my money, but hopefully the courts will deal with him. It was an expensive lesson for me.

If anyone wants any details about what happened, (in case it's happened to you) feel free to send me an email:

[email protected]

I have my inbox set to high filter so mark the subject line with Ebay scam or Projector Scam and I will mark it as a readable message.

Chris

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
The plasma offer is a pyramid scheme. You pay to get in line for a tv. When enough people pay their $300.00 to buy a tv, the person at the top of the pyramid gets their tv. Then, the next person starts. It works great for the first couple of people, but, as in all pyramid schemes, it falls apart soon.

It's been all over the net recently. Don't fall for it.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
One of the latest eBay scams is to set up fake escrow account sites. Don't use any escrow sites that are not known to you. The scammers actually steal all the HTML pages from real sites, so they look legitimate.
Double check the address in your browser and make sure it's an approved eBay site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks