Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Clips from "Walker, Texas Ranger"

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kevin Porter, May 26, 2004.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

If you haven't seen Late Night with Conan lately, you have absolutely no idea what you're missing. Recently NBC and Universal merged so since Universal owns USA and USA owns "Walker, Texas Ranger", Conan shows clips of the show at random with the pull of a lever. And for those who have seen it, what has your favorite clip so far been? The last one from Monday's Tom Arnold show with the closeups of the eyes was hysterical.

2. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Scott Saslow
    -Takes a sniff of the soil.-

"A plane crashed here." [​IMG]

3. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

He's always like that, especially on talk shows.

4. Michael J K

Michael J K Stunt Coordinator

These are great, and now along with the Knight Rider chain pull, it is one of the best talk show bits going!

5. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

Did you see the episode where he could push the button to play the theme from Beverly Hills Cop? Good stuff. I like it when he does it in the middle of an interview that's going wrong.

6. JakeR

JakeR Stunt Coordinator

That's hilarious! I caught one of his "Walker" fetish scenes, but not that one.

"Walker," incidentally, ranks as possibly the worst successful show in the history of the medium. Shoehorning "messages" in between that block of wood Norris kicking guys in the sternum was mind-numbing.

7. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

The one were Norris used the Jet Pack and was reading a book in bed has me in tears. Conan is the best. I wish NBC would give him 11:30.

8. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Just a heads up the 10th anniversary is gonna be released on DVD, as well as a "best of" Triumph DVD which also contains the Star Wars line [​IMG]

Thanks to David | Link

9. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Triumph showing up at the premier of Star Wars was some of the funniest television I have ever seen.

-Triumph looks at the chest controls of someone wearing a Darth Vader costumer-

"Which one of these buttons calls your mother to come pick you up." [​IMG]

Peace,

DM

10. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

The first time he showed them, they were funny but they've been lame afterwards.

~T

11. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

That was hilarious. I only saw that night's show but it would take a lot to top that. [​IMG]

12. Sanjay Joseph

I need to get back to Conan shows. He's definitely the most entertaining of the hosts.

13. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I absolutely agree. Leno and Letterman are completely overrated. Leno just isn't funny and a terrible interviewer. With Letterman, the whole show seems like an inside joke from the audience. And the annoying thing about Letterman's audience is that they applaud at EVERYTHING. I remember Dave said something about two animals that mate and the audience applauded. The producer must be pretty trigger happy with that applause sign button. I think Dave reached his peak of the last two years when he did his "Words of Wisdom from Dr. Phil" bit nightly. With Kilborn, I've just never liked his type (or lack) of humor. Conan's my favorite probably because of his style is very defined and hilarious. He's great at combining self-deprecation with quick on his feet wit. He makes the interviews funny because he always goes off topic and makes it funny.

14. Sanjay Joseph

Yeah, Conan's interview are so funny. Sometimes, I don't know where he pulls that stuff out from? He says the most off the wall things and take the conversation to crazy places.

15. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

I saw this last week. I was one the ground, rolling with laughter @ the Walker clips.

16. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron

Reminds me of Conan's Toronto shows last February. The audience just wouldn't shut up for a minute and were laughing and cheering at EVERYTHING! [​IMG] Well, almost everything. Triumph showed up in Quebec City and almost started a revolution. [​IMG]

As for Conan at home in NYC, he's humble enough to accept that some of his monologues and sight gags don't always work, often pointing out their deficiencies. But when the gags work, they are definitely some of the best stuff available on late night TV especially when it involves the guests! I remember when he had Jerry Lewis on the show, he'd try to do the "HEEYY LAAAAADYYYYYY!!!!!" yell, and Jerry would get up and start walking off the stage! [​IMG]

17. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

They had Conan on Bob Costas this week, and started off with a clip of him and Andy playing 'blow/suck' with tissue paper with an actress in the middle [somebody hot, couldn't tell who]. The physical comedy when Conan pulled away the tissue and got a kiss from the actress was the stuff of legend. Flexing, throwing his chair, screaming 'YEESSSSS!!!!' at the top of his lungs. Funny how you don't really notice it, but Conan actually makes the skills of a mime FUNNY. Overexaggerated motions and gesticulations. Attention to detail. Total commitment to the bit. From his feverish grooming of his eyebrows when sizing up a female guest to the impressions he does in his monologues, cracks me up nightly.

18. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

STAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSS!!!!

The Walker stuff is brilliant. I think the "A plane crashed here" clip is the best so far. Although the snake bite was funny too.

19. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

Finally watched the episode with the plane crash bit. Loved it. I liked the staring, "It's him!" clip better though. Oh and the plane exploding. Good stuff. I never realized that show was so bad. It was on a long time too, right?

20. DouglasRobert

DouglasRobert Second Unit

Have to agree that the funniest Walker clip was the "Plane Crashed Here".

I guess he has lucky that what he licked wasn't a little gift from a furry friend.

As I watched the clip I thought, it would have been funny that after he said that they panned off him and a little bit away was the burning plane wreckage.

And then as in Naked Gun a cop says "Nothing to see here.", While the plane wreckage burns behind him.