What's new

Last Comic Standing?? (1 Viewer)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I can't believe that so many people think that Cory is funny. I barely snickered throughout her whole set. The only one that was worse was Tess.

My favorite was definitely Ralphie. He tore it up! :D In second, I'd go with Rich. I haven't really liked him on the show but I thought his set was good. I didn't think that Dat did very well. His previous performance was definitely better.

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I voted for Ralphie. He started the show off good and it went downhill after that. He was the most entertaining of all the comics. I think, Dat or Cory will be the runner up.

I found Dat's asian accent getting quite dull. I thought after laugh-off against Dave - it was funny and he deserved a win. However, I was hoping for a different routine during the finals. I guess, don't give up on something that got you there.

I found Tess and Rich routine quiet dull. Tess, did a numbered on everyone in the house b/c it seemed everyone was afraid to go up against her.

Anyone know when the Last Comic Standing 2 holding auctions?

-bruce

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
I was not too impressed with any of the comics. Ralphie is the funniest one in the house, but his set was not good. His set was basically one joke and it wore thin after like 2 minutes. Dat needs to get something besides that accent and ripping on his mom. Tess had nothing. They made her out to be some monster comic cause she got some exemptions, but she was not funny at all. I think Rich seemed kind of nervous and his act was not good. Cory was ok, but not too impressive. I think Dave Mordal was funnier and I can't believe he lost to Dat. Oh well, I don't know if anyone from this group will make it big or not, but it's not exactly a roaring start by any of them. I might be interested in seeing another season of this, hopefully, they will get funnier people.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Ralphie it is, for me.

I've been completely behind Dat the whole time, and it surprised me that I went with Ralphie when the chips were down. He beat everyone to me, though I didn't vote. I'm not sure who I'd vote for as runner up. Each had chuckle moments. Ralphie is the only one that moved things from chuckle to laugh.

Dat actually irritated me, even though I really liked him (and have been rooting for him) for most of the show. Maybe it is just what everyone said -- I'm tired of his one trick pony show. All that planning and he can't come up with anything else interesting to say? Even if we liked his jokes, his delivery was off this time.

Sorry Dat. You coulda been somebody. You coulda been a contenda.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
They will most likely have all the top 10 comedians perform. We'll have to see what happens.

Howie A

Second Unit
I am sure at least a half hour will be wasted on recaps.
Rich ironing, Dat studying, Cory cooking and cleaning and so forth.
Makes for a pretty lame finally but thats what all the reality shows do,
and if they follow all the others there will be some sort of surprise at the
end no one know about.. Oh just thinking about it makes me quiver with joy.... :D

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
I just finished watching.

I simply cannot believe Dat Phan won. The guy is just not that funny. Every set he's ever done, he has said something that makes absolutely no sense - He even said it during his set tonight (something about being "5 gay" like Toucan Sam or something):

"I don't know WHAT that means!"

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

I cannot agree more. He even did the same material over again(besides the mom jokes). The joke with the karate peeing. My wife and I are just in total shock. I even think that Jay was really surprised. I wish they had interviews with the other comics after his win.
My main problem with Dat is that he does the same material over and over again.

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I am honestly shocked. I thought Ralphie had it nailed. Well, I think that Dat has some potential, but he definitely needs to move away from rehashes of old jokes and the Asian related material. If he does that, then he could be an awesome comedian.

If you ask me, I think that the winner of the show should have been Dave Mordal or Rich Vos. Both are very funny, cover a wide variety of topics (unlike Dat), and would be awesome on a sitcom.

I hope NBC decides to do another LCS series. This time, they need to get more voting from the public instead of just them voting on the finals.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
America should be ashamed of itself.

America voted for Dat Phan!!?? You stink America! ;)

I hope to see Vos in a sitcom. I've missed him since the Opie and Anthony Show got yanked because the "incident" last year. I just get the feeling he would be great in a sitcom. Bring in Dave too. He and Vos would make a great comedy team. They could write and act in it.

Dat Phan could do charts and graphs.

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
It wouldn't surprise me to see either Rich Vos, Dave Mordal or Cory star or co-star in a sitcom soon. Dat Phan would do well, too...as long as HE'S not writing the material.

Oh, and I can't forget Rob. He would make an EXCELLENT goofy sidekick on a show.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
If they do another one, I hope they do away with the entire "America" votes thing. It's like the freaking focus group mentality, X 100!!! We all know how focus groups were the best thing to ever happen to the entertainment industry, right? :rolleyes

I hate the idea of people at home voting for these things. I gotta wonder how many people voted for Dat because they "liked" him and thought the others were "mean". Doesn't matter if they were funny and he wasn't. Besides, the others did lots of "mean jokes" in their routines, and Dat is sweet. :rolleyes:Oh, Puke!!! I bet lots of people voted for him for this reason. If not, then America's funny bone needs an enema!

Let seasoned comedians who know comedy determine it all.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Or they could do 1/2 and 1/2 type thing. The experts get half, and the public gets half. That might work out.

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator
I couldn't make it to who won tonight, what an incredibly boring waste of 2 hours. Well, 1 hour for sure, I had to turn it off after that.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I wonder, how could you actually give an enema to a funny bone? Strange.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
"I don't know WHAT that means!"
I think you mean "I don't know what DAT means!" It is hard to laugh at someone when you can't understand a word that is coming out of their mouth.

Big disappointment. Two of the three I really never liked were the final two. Baaaaad tv.

Some of the best lines were from Rich during the video montagues. "Dat Phan, someone you don't want to clone". :D

I hope that Rich and Dave get to put something together. Heck throw in Cory while you're at it.

Bring on LCS2 but change the voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks