Last Comic Standing??

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Tim Abbott, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Tim Abbott

Tim Abbott Second Unit

Tim
    Is anyone else watching this show?? I think it was a briliant idea, and it seems to be playing out nicely. There are some really funny people in this house, and it is getting more interesting by the episode.

I'm starting this thread because I was absolutely shocked by the outcome of the show this past Tuesday. Was anyone blown away by seeing Dat win and Dave lose???? I think that Dave was the BEST stand up comedian in the house, and I'm calling it a major upset.

This is the first reality series that I have enjoyed since the first season of Survivor.

Hopefully I'm not alone [​IMG]

2. Martino

Martino Supporting Actor

Martin O.
    I also love this show, but the "New York Connection" kind of pisses me off. That guy Rich is just a jerk, but he is "the Don" and tells everyone who to vote for. I think that Dave was very funny during the prelims, and his other one-on-one competition, but was a little flat against Dat. I felt sorry for how Dat was being treated in the house (is the easy guy to pick on, so everyone does). As for as the rest of them goes...I think that Tess is going to win the whole thing, so it doesn't really matter who gets voted for. I also thought it wasn't fare that they changed the rules last week. They originally said that once it gets down to six, they will all go to Vegas for the final, winner takes all show. Now they are saying that they are only taking five, and there is one more single elimination remaining. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the ending.

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

This is the only new show I watch nowadays.

Fans of the now-defunct Opie and Anthony show are very familiar with Rich Voss. He was constantly picked on by the O&A crew, so it's hilarious that he's in this show. The material he did on his first show to get into the house was so old. In fact, that line "I owe my daughter money... and I'm dodging her" is so old and was always quoted by O&A when making fun of him.

I was pulling for Dat in the beginning of the show, but he really got annoying. He's a very depressing person. Comedians shouldn't be depressing.

Dave Mordel was hilarious and I agreed with Corey that his wit is much more interesting than Dat's clowning.

I don't think Tess is so funny, myself. I've seen scores of comedians do the same schtick but much better. She's just very personable and likeable, giving her an edge in the contests.

I think it's a shame that Rob guy got eliminated last week. He had a bit of that Andy Kaufman thing going on, and I liked his act more than the fat dude. He and Dave were my two favorites on the show and they're gone.

I want to see Geoff be challenged. He is the "sleeper" of the house- no one challenges him, he makes no noise, and he quietly snuck into the finals.

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I like Ralphie May and I was also shocked that Dave was booted. I think he is a much better all-around comedian than Dat. Dat is a guy that had a good set, but has to plan it. Dave, is a comedian that is quick and is naturally funny. That is why I think he was hard on Dat. Dat approached his routine like a homework assignment. While, Dave thinks that comedy should come naturally and off the cuff. My wife and I thought Dave's routine was funnier that Dat's. But, we were in the minority.

5. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

This show is truly one of the best Reality shows on TV and surprisingly well thought out.

The only two comedians I've seen before are Rich and Dave. Rich is on Colin Quinn's Tough Crowd a lot. I've always found him funny and just 'playing tough'.

I was pulling for Dat at first because he really is just a nice guy and had a lot of grief put on him with everyone ganging up on him but he has gotten very annoying. His routine against Dave started off very strong, but then it just sank and ended very poorly. I hate one note jokes and that is pretty much all his routine was. The same "ha look at me do a funny stereotypical accent' joke. Dave on the other hand is an excellent writer, very witty, and a very strong comedian. That wasn't his best bit however and it is sad that he is now gone.

Tess, I absolutely HATE! She is so full of it, and to me that type of personally just rubs me the wrong way. Of course the audiences don't get to see what happens behind the scenes, so she actually has that going for her.

The rest are pretty much just people in the house.

I do like the challenges they have to do. Pretty interesting and funny stuff. Although this past weeks picture thing was probably the worst of them. Getting people to come to your show however was very cool to watch. I do comedy as well and know what it is like to perform for 3 or so people. It is interesting to watch these guys pretty much do the same.

Overall I'm hoping for Rich Vos. He probably isn't the favorite and my guess is putting a lot of people off but it is mostly an act. He is a nice guy as well, just a smartass. [​IMG]

6. CarlV

CarlV Stunt Coordinator

7. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Jason, I don't think Tess is really full of herself. A lot of heavy female black comedians play off that whole "diva," BBW thing. It's quite common and, like I said, I've just seen others do it better.

8. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

> Was anyone blown away by seeing Dat win and Dave lose????

Kind of, but you never know the taste of the audience that voted for them.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the home audience vote, to see who appeals to a wider group?

9. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

It's about time someone made a thread for this show.

I think Ralphie is by far the funniest. How hot is his girlfriend?

I haven't liked the way most of the people have treated Dat. Dat had two really good acts before, but the one he had against Dave was weak and the Asian accent got old really fast. I'm glad he won though because the looks of shock on the other comedians' faces were priceless.

~T

10. dan fritzen

dan fritzen Second Unit

You guys could actually understand what Dat Fan was saying? I could not nor could I believe he was funnier than Dave. From what I understood of Dat he needs orignal jokes.

11. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

12. Tim Abbott

Tim Abbott Second Unit

Tim

13. dan fritzen

dan fritzen Second Unit

14. CarlV

CarlV Stunt Coordinator

15. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

16. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I don't remember Dat being annoying to anyone until this week's episode, and he revealed that he would start to go crazy in preparation for his act. I thought he had some really funny material in his first two acts: the stuff about Asians trying to conquer the world through nail saloons, and how he wasn't good at math in high school and students around him would fail their exams too.

~T

17. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

I'm assuming the audience that chose Dat over Dave was hearing the both of them for the first time. Having watched the show from the beginning I think Dave is clearly the most talented of the bunch but his last set would not have made a good first impression on me. Dat, on the other hand had a better than average set, IMO.

I think the obese Ralphie May is sort of funny but he's no John Pinette!

Rich Voss, I could take him or leave him....I'm kind of tired of his, "I stink", "you stink", "he stinks" line. Maybe I heard too much of it from his appearances on the now defunct O & A show. I think his funniest line so far was his comment about Ralphie's girlfriend being a 10 and he (Rich) does 1500 crunches a day and can't get a 4 to call him back!

I think Corey is funnier than Tess and Geoff....she's my pick to win.

Vin

18. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Dat sends another one packing! He's creaming the competition with 70+% of the audience votes the last two weeks....the crowd loves this guy!

I thought Geoff had a pretty good set too but it seems Dat is the man! This is definitely getting interesting....

Anyone else still watching?

Vin

19. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy

20. Ning Wong

Ning Wong Stunt Coordinator

Dat is the man...

But i hope he has other non-asian material...