What's new

Last Comic Standing Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Ty almost made me laugh last night, but by the time he got to his "vaginal consultant" line, he had put me to sleep with the rest of his act, so I wasn't awake enough to laugh at the only funny thing he said. The best thing, UM, about UM Ty, is UM that he UM would be a good UM cure UM for insom-UM-nia.

I have to agree that without some help, Josh's act isn't going to get him too far. But he did make me laugh consistently, which is more than could be said for any of the other LCS contestants this time around except Chris...

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian

Josh Blue is a sitcom pilot waiting to happen. Can you see the studio execs discussing it?

Exec 1: "You got this character who lives with CP, and he's funny and uh...."
Exec 2: "CP?! Brilliant!"

It's already more original than 90% of current sitcoms on TV.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

My mistake. I have corrected my post. Thanks.

Chris' "drug" references don't bother me. I think it has to do with his delivery and his gift for taking his material in a completely different direction than where you think it may be headed.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Did he? Yes, but as I mentioned in my previous post - it's all about his timing. Chris has impeccable timing and his delivery is usually flawless. Also, the non-drug related material he has performed on the show was just as funny. Josh tends to flounder everytime he leaves his "CP safe zone".

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I thought Jay Mohr was on last night. 100% better than Anthony Clark, who stole a Nick Swardson joke two nights ago and does not know how to transition jokes or comedians.

Chris Porter's last 2 or 3 weeks have been his weekest, but he was my pick from the beginning.

Ty should have won - the best, especially in these last few weeks.

Josh is funny, but he does rely on his ailment too much for my taste. Did you see his girlfriend? dang... you go girl.

John Heffron used old jokes that I heard on the tonight show.

Alonzo was funny, loved the whole "Don't yell at me!"

Dat Phan, like him or not - had the most new jokes of the previous three winners.

ry

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Now for my comments on last night's finale...

Dat Phan - I didn't remember much about his act from season 1. Not sure if he deserved to win, but he was pretty entertaining last night.

John Heffron - Mildy amusing. Don't see how the y guy won season 2.

Alonzo Bodden - Perhaps the only comedian to ever compete on LCS that actually deserved to win. In season 3, he showed what a class act he truly is at the Friar's club roast (just like Chris did this season). He's funny, talented and most-importantly proves that you can still be "edgey" without having to resort to profanity (not that I mind cursing).

Jay Mohr - He was a bit "touch & go". It sounded more like he was trying to amuse himself rather than make the audience laugh.

Ty Barnett - Very funny last night. His performance was just as solid as his last 3. I think in many people's minds he is the "true" winner of LCS4.

Josh Blue - Good for laugh or two, but that's about it. Honestly, if this competition was based soley on talent - he probably would have been sent home weeks ago. The "final 2" should have been Ty & Chris. They were the only two that truly deserved to be there.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

It actually sounded like the same act from Season 2!

I watched the previous 2 seasons regularly, but only caught part of a few episodes this season. I liked seeing Alonzo again, who was my favorite from before.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe I missed the Finale after all this time! I tape the show, and didn't get to see Tuesday's show until tonight. I then found out the Finale was the next day. Bah! Ah well. It'll turn up.

- I remain the only Dat Fan (bada-bing)

- I found John Heffron funny. His humor is low-key observational and he has great delivery. He's in the Cosby mold to me, which suits me just fine. I was happy he won.

- Jay Mohr has never done anything for me, so I doubt he will this time either.

- I feel the finale should have been Ty and Chris, with Ty winning. Still, I'm wondering how folks think someone else should have won. Ther person who should win is the one with the most votes. This season, that was Josh.

This season definitely felt like LCS lite.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Agreed with most of the comments above:

Josh was the "feel good" winner. I thought he was pretty funny but yeah, Chris and Ty, just from a talent standpoint, were consistently better.

Ty should have won based on talent and performances in the past 3 weeks. I didn't think he should have been picked for the "boat" in the first place but he improved every week. The only negative was that he was a bit abrupt in his past two performances and looked like he lost track of time. His endings were very jolting.

Chris started out strong but the last performance before he got booted was a bit to "edgy" for me. He came off a bit too angry sounding. Still a good talent.

We've always like Heffron and rooted for him all season 2. I guess it's just a personal perference. In S2/S3, I didn't really care for 'Zo but I did enjoy his performance in the finale.

Dat still stinks (sorry Mikah).

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
I think Josh deserved to win. He made me laugh, maybe I was laughing at him...but either way...

I loved Chris in the beginning, but his personallity seemed to change after he got past his elimination round. From then on, he NEVER smiled. He always seemed to try to look cool and tough before and after his act, and to me he seemed like he became arrogant.

Ty gets my vote for most improved. He seemed to get better with each performance. After seeing his act the first time, I was only mildly impressed. But it got better.

I think if all three play thier respective cards right, they'll all do well. This was the first LCS I've followed every episode. Man, I love my DVR.

BobV

Second Unit
I agree with you 100% Marc. I loved Chris at the beginning too... then he got all "angry" and "arrogant" and he totally lost what I had originally liked about him.

Josh made me laugh everytime he was up there, that along with the fact that he often used a few brand new jokes based on things that happened in the show itself. When Chris mocked back at Josh during the heckle competition that he "just got heckled by Screech" and Josh instantly replied in a deadpan "that's just wrong" I nearly peed myself :) .

I also think Ty improved alot throughout the show. And thought he was a deserving 2nd instead of 3rd or lower.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ty's too lowkey to hit it big. Josh does use his CP as a comedic crutch at times, but I think he's is also spontaneously witty as well. Chris is the one that I think might get some play in TV comedies, though, as I think he's the more commercial of the top 3 this season.

Bolden was very good, he's got real good stage presence. Heffron was good, but not as funny as Bolden. Phan was pretty funny too, but I don't think I could handle more than 10 minutes of his act at a time. Jay was good too, but he does seem to be focused on amusing himself moreso than the audience.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I'm not looking forward to an hour full of CP and no-longer-relevant Gabriel Blackberry/Vietnamese Family Jokes.

Chris and TY should have gone to the final, with Chris winning.

I really didn't like Chris' drug humor, his other stuff was fantastic though. I'd much rather have seen him win.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I like Chris a lot, but was just as happy Josh won.

It's hard to say how much his disablility had to do with it... he can't NOT talk about it, just like some talk about their race, their weight, etc., so it's hard to imagine what his act would be like if he didn't have the condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks