What's new

Last Comic Standing Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Gabriel was a favorite of mine, just based on his "Comedy Central Presents" episode. Even though LCS4 has been edited in such way which really did nothing to showcase his talents, I was confident he'd make it to the finals. It's a shame that he had to be sent home, but rules are rules.

Up until last night's "Head-To-Head" competition, Kristen was towards the bottom of my list. I hadn't found her funny, but I thought she had the strongest & funniest performance last night. Rebecca Corry was desperate and wait straight for the crude "toilet" humor and Ty Barnett's material about "Superman" just didn't make me laugh. I was really surprised that he ended up winning.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
How Rebecca made the final 12 I will never know. She hasn't been at all funny. I can think of at least 10 other finalists (before they went to the house) who deserved to go over her.

Chris & Josh are my favs right now.

Rhoq- I have to disagree with you on Ty's Superman material. That was very funny. But, I am a Supes fan..so I am biased. :)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

I found it to be humorous, but it was his delivery that left me underwhelmed.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I had a tough time picking a favorite from the 3 in the head-to-head. Rebecca was truly awful, the worst of the three, but neither of the other two elicited more than a slight chuckle from me. As far as I'm concerned, all three should have gone home, and taken Roz (who equates volume with humor) with them...

Chris and Josh are my favorites too.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Gabriel was my choice to win the whole thing. Too bad he couldn't play by the rules. It's even more egregious that even after he knew he was in trouble he snuck out to use the house phone. From the way the producers were talking, he might have been able to stay up until that point.

I really wished Kristen had been able to stay. I thought she was really funny during the showdown and I couldn't believe the difference in votes (Ty got 69%!) Ty's Superman shtick was amusing, but I thought Kristen's drunken Truth or Dare bit was better.

Out of the 5 remaining, I'm rooting for Michelle but I figure Chris will win easily enough.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know how the ratings are doing? As a group, this set of comics don't seem as funny as previous years. I wonder if that's due to more established comics not wanting to participate due to backlash over last year. In fact, I wonder if the auditions were even as well publicized given that the show was "cancelled" last year.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I think that Chris Porter will win the whole thing. I really, really don't like the way that the show is edited. It shouldn't be edited to the point where the average user knows that the show is over edited.

It may be doing well in the ratings but I really don't see it coming back for another season. This year just appears to be way to rushed.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I'm really enjoying this show. It's the first season I've watched. the only thing is that I wish they showed more comedy and less filler.

It REALLY annoys me that they take the time to show everyone w a l k i n g - t o - t h e - c h a i r, only to cut them off before they say who they are "funnier than". Then, they play back the videos of the results and give the running results between each one ZZZZzzzzzzzz.........

Just SHOW THE DAMN RESULTS AS THEY VOTE and wrap it up!!!

Sorry for the rant.

C

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member

What backlash are you referring to?

By the way (and this is probably related to that comment), I was surprised when they introduced Alonzo Bodden as the winner of S3 which "started 25 minutes after S2 ended". I wasn't even aware that there was a S3. Didn't Alonzo finished 2nd in S2? When did S3 air?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Season 3 was when they had the season 1 comics versus the season 2 comics. I think season 2 was before the Olympics and season 3 was right after. Because it wasn't doing well in the ratings, NBC decided to cancel it right before the final episode, which ended up being aired on Comedy Central.

~T

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I remember that. The guys from S2 kept beating the guys from S1 in the few episodes I saw. I guess I just didn't notice when my DVR stopped recording the show.

So Alonzo won S3? Who was runner up? How did Dat Fan (the S1 winner) do?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Roz is pretty bad - her delivery is the same yelling monotone with no breaks for air. It's like she's trying to say everything in her bit before she forgets it.

I like Chris Porter the best so far.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Wow. What the heck happened to Ty? Before this show, I thought he had no business being in the show. His material was bad, his delivery was bad, he had no charisma.

1. Ty. Really impressed by him.

2. Porter. I was a little disappointed that he didn't have more material.

3. Josh seemed really off in his timing tonight.

4. Ros and Michelle

~T

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
None of them seemed to bring their "A game" last night. They were very disappointing, however, Chris managed to actually make me laugh. He got my vote.

My observations...

Roz - She seems to be holding back. I was glad to see that she has some traditional stand-up material to mix-in with her "problems", but I have a feeling she was tip-toeing through her act, being mindful of the network censors.

Ty - I fail to see what everyone else apparently sees in this guy. I don't find him all that funny.

Chris - Out the the final 5, he's the one that's truly impressed me. He's smart, funny and unpredictable.

Josh - I really like Josh, but last night his performance was almost painful to watch. He didn't seem to be well-prepared. The cell phone bit was a low blow and an unnecessary cheap laugh. When all else fails he relies on his disability to save him and get the laugh. If I don't see more diverse material from him next week, I'm ready to label him a "one trick pony".

Michelle - I like Michelle, but unfortunately it looks like once you've seen 5 minutes of her act, you've pretty much seen it all. More of the same is not going to win the competition.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Btw, Gabriel was doing stand-up on Leno on Monday night. No mention about what happened on this show.

~T

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Ty made me laugh harder than anyone else with his perfectly delivered punchline about things that guys leave lying around their old girlfriends' house.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks