What's new

Last Comic Standing Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I was ready to give up on this season after last weeks final picks for the house but I watched anyway. Luckily two of the least funny 'comics' were booted off. Funny how Stella changed her tune from not seeing any competition on the boat to happy to be going home. The heckling challenge was great especially between Josh and Chris.
J:"Do those legs go all the way up to your vagina?"
C:"No but they went up to your sister's."
J:"My sister's dead."
C:"She's not dead, she just doesn't call you anymore."

And Bil Dwyer was gold: "I know...I'm funnier than...ANT."

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I loved the heckling challenge. Too bad they didn't think of that one in season one. Imagine Vos and Mordal going at it.

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
yeah...the first half of the show was great! the 3 girls going at it was boring...

never thought i would say that?!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This weeks challenge was pretty boring. A minute of new material based on magazines? Whatever.

Can't say I agreed with the voting but I think that of the four that battled, the best two did go on, especially based on the material for that night.

So no new episode next week, but the following looks to be another roast challenge and the preview stuff was pretty funny.

I bet someone is getting kicked out for smoking pot.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The challenge probably sounded good on paper. I was surprised not more of the comedians were able to come up with any funny material.

I would had Michelle go home instead of Joey. Chris was good, the condom joke was great, but I was a little disappointed since he brought his best.

The roast will be fun like in the past.

~T

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Thats why Robin Williams is so good. Their are lots of funny comics. But, not that many that can ad-lib on the fly and be funny.

I am also glad that Chris made it. He and Josh are in my top 3. Also, I can't stand that one comic who one immunity...She is not funny.

Also, when did it become like the Apprentice? Where the comics stay back and only those up for being voted out go to the show?

Finally, they must have gotten a short episode order if they are booted two people an episode.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Hopefully this season they will show the final show, since the last one got canceled before it. That is probably why the do the boot 2 per show....

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My biggest problem with him too. His Irish stuff, for instance, had me laughing out loud, but he blunted the impact by his verbal assault. Michelle was much more consistent.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

They had 2 extra comedians make the cut, for a total of 12 (instead of 10 like in previous seasons). In order to balance the season, they needed to get rid of the 4 comedians over the last 2 episodes, since there should only be 8 remaining now (based on only 10 contestants). Moving forward I expect the head-to-head competitions to be one-on-one like it used to be, with only 1 comic being sent home.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I completely agreed with the voting. The audience has surprised me each week in voting for the comics I think are funniest. Before the acts, I was in favor of Bil Dwyer and Michele Balan. I had Chris Porter leaving for some reason. Well, that quickly changed. He had us all in stiches here. Good material. Good delivery. For that small period of time, he was as funny to me as watching one of the old HBO One Night Stand routines. Michele was next best. I was really disappointed in Bil. For some reason, I just thought he'd be funnier. I was also disappointed in Joey Gay. He seemed so focused and I thought it'd come through in his routine. His delivery was extremely off putting. I think even the other comics thought he'd do better.

The comic who won immunity (Rebecca Corry) irritates me. She can't be gone too soon.

I'll provide this link in case anyone has trouble remembering the names:

Last Comic Standing comics.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Out of the 4 that could have gone home, I pegged the two that did get sent home. I still don't think Dwyer is funny, and Joey is more irritating than funny. Porter had me rolling with the suffocating aspects from condom use. Balan has decent delivery of her material, but I don't think I'd want to see long stretches of her act.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I'm a big Bil Dwyer fan, but of the four, his set was the 3rd funniest. He's been on shows before, Battlebots, Extremee Dodgeball. I don't think this will be the last time we will see him.

I am a huge Roast fan, and am glad they are bringing it back this season. I think they spoiled who won that competition ifthe rules are anything like in the previous seasons.

ie, winner of a competition gets immunity and is roasted. A vote goes for immunity for the best roaster as well.

Let's bet who gets kicked off next week.

Chris Porter for pot?

ry

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I'd say that's pretty much a certainty since he hosts the new I've Got a Secret practically every night on GSN.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Wow, Chris is a great roaster. He seemed like the only comic that truly knew what roasting is.

The two that got booted really stunk up the roast. They deserved to be the ones to leave. I actually like Kristen but she didn't do well at the roast at all. Rebecca was just too nasty and gross. I don't mind potty humor some of the time, but it seems all her stuff is gross out stuff. I can only take fart jokes for so long.

I feel sorry for Gabriel but the dude deserved it. rules is rules my man. Maybe they should have let the contestants vote on whether or not to boot him.

Edit: oops, got the name wrong, thanks Rhoq

I don't want to be a "conspiracy theorist", but I am really starting to believe Gabriel was a "plant". He was clearly funnier than the rest of the group. They all deferred to him as the master. Both Jim Norton and Alonzo Bodden commented last night that he was a veteran comic they have both worked with through the years. He was a no-brainer to win this thing outright. Then, all of a sudden, he arrogantly violates several house rules because he just can't stand not talking to his lady??? Seems odd. Of course, my other theory is that he is such an established comic, he did not need to win this show and merely came on to pad his resume. In either event, what was once a clear outcome is now anybody's game.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Rebecca's long, lame set-up for a weak punchline last night was pathetic and proof that she never deserved to make it onto the boat.
Kind of like Alonzo in season two. Everybody else had pretty weak material and delivery but Chris really shined. One of my favorite lines was when he called Kristen a "poor man's Ellen DeGeneres" because that's exactly what I was thinking during her first audition. Chris is my favorite to win. i think it'll come down to him and Josh who is also very good.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

I think you mean Kristen. April was booted from the competition a few weeks ago.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Chris is my favorite to win. Gabe was my other favorite. The two who left were my selections to leave -- even before the roast. I saw nothing during the roast to change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks