What's new

Last Comic Standing 2004 ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe that one black woman who did the bit about comfronting the woman yelling at her kid got in. Their were much better people in that group. I was also surprised that they didn't also pick the husband of the woman who did make it. It might have made the house a little more interesting.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
What about "What if I sounded like that!? What if I looked like that!?" woman. Those aren't even jokes. It was just her screaming. So she's 'funnier' than Pablo or Louis? Plus I was really sad to see Tom Cotter go. He's probably one of my favorite comedians working today.
There's still some funny people advancing. I like Monty a lot. He's got great devlivery and that joke about the woman chewing through her ropes was great.

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
Was the second two hour show orignially schedule to air 8-10 and then moved to 9-11 because of the Regan services?

I ask because my network connection was down since the first and my Tivo didn't get any updates during that time (switching to dsl played havoc with my phone lines so I couldn't dial in either). The Tivo got the first episode fine then recorded two hours that it labeled as Last Comic Standing for the second show, but the first half was the Regan funeral and some Scrubs.

I plan on catching the rest of the second show when it airs on Comedy Central this weekend, I just want to make sure it's not a problem with how Tivo is handling my season pass.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Brian, you are correct. Episode 2 was scheduled for 8-10, but when the coverage of President Reagan lasted past 8, NBC aired 2 episodes of Scrubs (joined in progress) and bumped LCS to 9-11.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
You'd think that the producers would want to pick people that an audience would actually want to watch. You know FUNNY people. Ant's sets have SUCKED every night. Monty killed at every competition and got a standing o tonight yet he gets cut. If the live audience loved him, wouldn't it stand to reason that the tv audience would too? Of the people that made it I only liked Kathleen Madigan and Bonnie. If the picks tomorrow night are as bad as they were tonight (like if Todd Glass and DC Benny get cut), I don't think I'll continue watching this season.
Way to go NBC!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
You'd think that the producers would want to pick people that an audience would actually want to watch. You know FUNNY people. Ant's sets have SUCKED every night. Monty killed at every competition and got a standing o tonight yet he gets cut. If the live audience loved him, wouldn't it stand to reason that the tv audience would too? Of the people that made it I only liked Kathleen Madigan and Bonnie. If the picks tomorrow night are as bad as they were tonight (like if Todd Glass and DC Benny get cut), I don't think I'll continue watching this season.
Way to go NBC!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone ever find out who Drew Carey & Bret Butler wanted in or not in the house.

I was ok with most of who they picked. Ant and the woman comic who used the "C" word were ehh. And not because she used that word.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone ever find out who Drew Carey & Bret Butler wanted in or not in the house.

I was ok with most of who they picked. Ant and the woman comic who used the "C" word were ehh. And not because she used that word.

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator
Last night was the first episode of this season that I've seen, and forgot most of the names already. Was Monty the funny one? (The looks-like-the-Operation-guy guy?) I was really surprised that he didn't make it...

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator
Last night was the first episode of this season that I've seen, and forgot most of the names already. Was Monty the funny one? (The looks-like-the-Operation-guy guy?) I was really surprised that he didn't make it...

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Remember that not all people find the same stuff funny. I was suprised that long legged blondie got that far but seems like DavidGT liked her:

On the other hand I really liked the "President Rainman" act and he didn't make it to Vegas.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Remember that not all people find the same stuff funny. I was suprised that long legged blondie got that far but seems like DavidGT liked her:

On the other hand I really liked the "President Rainman" act and he didn't make it to Vegas.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I only tuned in for 10 min or so, but I thougth the Iranian-Jewish dude was absolutely hilarious, I don't get why he was cut. But hten again, I didn't see much of the competition.

And the C-word lady wasn't funny in the least, her delivery sucks.

I like this show.

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I only tuned in for 10 min or so, but I thougth the Iranian-Jewish dude was absolutely hilarious, I don't get why he was cut. But hten again, I didn't see much of the competition.

And the C-word lady wasn't funny in the least, her delivery sucks.

I like this show.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks