What's new

Laserdiscs "jumping"... (1 Viewer)

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
The pictures on my Laserdiscs have been "jumping" on screen lately. It only happens with the ones I watch the most (SW Trilogy and Raiders). I have cleaned them carefully with CD cloth wipes, no liquids, but still the same thing. My other less-watched discs do not have this same problem. Have you guys had this happen? Are these discs doomed now? Any suggestions on how to get a stable picture back? :frowning:

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Well, you could always check to see if the discs are warped at all. Place them on a flat surface and see if either the center or outer edges aren't laying flat. That's a start at least. After that I'd try to find someone else with a player and test them on it to see if it's your player or not.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Usually when that happens it's a sure sign your player is starting to go. That's what happened with my first LD player and for years I got fooled into thinking it was my discs when I realized soon it wasn't.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I agree that it sounds more like a player problem. I have an old Sony LD player that I use in my bedroom that started jumping. Also I noticed it is making a funny noise while playing.

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
The solution would be to try the discs on another player, but that could be a little tricky these days.

My DVD List at DVD Aficionado

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to all! I don't think it's the player as I have tried lots of my other less-watched lasers and they play fine. Maybe it is the warped thing mentioned earlier.
I'll check them and also try on my buddy's player as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks