What's new

Laserdisc sleeves (1 Viewer)

greg_t

Screenwriter
Does anyone know of any online retailers where I could purchase protective sleeves for laserdiscs themselves and also for the outer sleeve? Any info is appreciated.
Greg

Sam Graves

Stunt Coordinator
I use the ones that Ken Cranes/DVD Planet sold. They are produced by Chicago One Stop. The only way Chicago One Stop sells them now are through eBay auctions. Go to eBay and do a search for "Chicago One Stop". I know this probably isn't much help, but the sleeves Chicago One Stop made are my preferred sleeves.

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
You might want to check out some of the higher end audio sites. They sell record sleaves and liners and they work great for LDs.

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
Wow, reminds me of the good old days of browsing aisles of big LD cover art. Every piece picked up was to be gingerly cared for. Shopping for a movie was a lot more of an experience before DVD. These days it's just a matter of finding a title and bringing home yet another disc.
Yes, those old elephant condoms that most LD's came with just aren't very good. My usual routine was to replace them immediately with V.R.P. Record Sleeves by Discwasher. The cover jacket was then placed in a poly bag to protect the artwork. The LD's are still in pristine condition, but it's simply too painful to drop back down to LD video quality after viewing DVD. As a result, my once prized collection just sits on the shelf.
------------------
Guy Kuo
Link Removed
Ovation Software, the Home of AVIA DVD

greg_t

Screenwriter
Guy,
I am just now getting into laserdisc, but I know what you mean about it being more of an experience. I reminds me of shopping for vinyl LP's as compared to CD's. I just don't get the same feeling going to best buy and buying a CD as I did going to my old local record store and going through all of the vinyl. Also, thanks for the discwasher suggestion. They still make the VRP record sleeves and I am going to try to find some.
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks