What's new

Laserdisc Error Code - HELP! (1 Viewer)

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
All,
Last night I tried to watch a LD on my Pioneer CLD-79. To my surprise, the only thing that came across my screen was a P5 error code. What exactly is this code and is my pride and joy player done for? :frowning:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The only P5 code I can find says "2 discs may be loaded on tray" I'm going to guess this isn't the problem. It's possible that the tray is misaligned or that a disc isn't seated properly.

I would try cycling the machine on and off a few times, maye opening and closing the door without a disc loaded a time or 2, trying a couple different discs as some simple trials. It's possible that the spindle isn't functioning or clamping onto the disc properly and the machine is sensing something out of whack.

If it continues to give problems, I talk to a tech and see if they have any idea or shooting a message to Kurtis Bahr who knows more about Pioneer Elite LD players than anyone I know. He reads to forum sometimes and may jump in here in a moment. I don't have his email handy though if you do a forum search, I know it's been posted sometime recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks