What's new

Las Vegas 9/22/03 (Pilot) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nice eye candy on display, and I thought I'd hate the main young guy, Danny, but I didn't.

Nikki Cox isn't aging gracefully. Now Vanessa Marcil is a different story...she's yummy.

The whole running joke about everyone knowing Danny slept with his boss's daughter cracked me up.

James Caan as the hard-ass father also cracked me up. Don't know how long they can sustain that aspect of this new development between his daughter and Danny.

I'll tune in again for now.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
I wasn't even going to watch the show but after catching the first 5 minutes for the heck of it I became hooked.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Best open for a TV show in quite a while, and it chugged on nicely for a half hour or so, but kind of petered out toward the end. Tons of fun, though, and it's got potential.

Nikki Cox isn't aging gracefully.
I wouldn't quite go that far; I'd say it's more likely she was overly made-up. She still looked pretty cute in the last scene when they were in a more casual environment.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
"Hi Daddy !!"

Welcome to the longest day of my life...

Jack Bauer would only be so lucky !

Good popcorn TV..Jimmy Caan is perfect in that role. He intimidates like few others!!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
To be fair to Nikki Cox, I've never thought she was all that attractive (just plain with a bunch of makeup on), and if it weren't for her other assets, don't really know where her career would be.

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
I was pleasantly surprised by the pilot. I wasn't expecting too much going in, and kind of figured it would be a one time only watch - but the show was surprisingly entertaining. I'll definitely tune in next week.

I agree with you Pat, I never thought Nikki Cox was that attractive either, and I didn't think she looked that good last night nor did she bring much to the table (and what's up with her job title "special events coordinator" ;) )

How about how Cheryl Ladd? I would say she hasn't aged that well.

Question - is Greg his brother?

Pete

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Gotta echo everyone here. Much better than I expected. Good scripting, moved fast like The West Wing. Gooood eye candy. I'll watch again...wait, if I can wrestle the remote from my CSI:Miami hooked wife!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, starting next week its on at 9pm... Which is a bummer, because Two And A Half Men was pretty funny last night and Skin has potential, but there's nothing I'm interested in at 10. Literally everything I want to see on Monday has the same timeslot.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Just to echo everybody here (except about Nikki Cox - she'd get it with the quickness) Liked the show and I'll be back.

Question though, how the heck did the valet know what cards where coming, The camera in his finger didn't seem to show what card was in the deck did it?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I wondered about that too Thomas.

I liked the show quite a bit, I also like Danny, his character on All My Children was one of my favorites, and so is Danny on Las Vegas. Danny at dinner with Cann and his wife was very funny, not wanting a glass of wine from his personal stash, and than chugging it down like water.

Wow, Vanessa Marcil looked unbelievable, the bosses daughter has some nice flair to her.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I like Danny's irreverence towards Ed.

Is that Molly Sims's real accent, or somewhat of a western twang to it?

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I really disliked this show a lot, It seemed to be all glitz and gloss with no real story or interesting characters. James Caan was the only spark of life in this sorry mess. The excessive editing and vapid dialog really made it feel like a shitty Michael Bay film, minus the explosions.

I wont be watching next week.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Really enjoyed this show, Danny is hilarious.

Pat, that's not Molly Sims real accent.

[nitpick] Danny's Camaro isn't a real SS. It's got a Z-28 cowl induction hood (the hood might have been optional on supersports, not sure, but dont' think so) and Z-28 stripes. True SS's has the stripes down the sides, not the top. Sorry, I am a muscle car guy, I tend to notice these things. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't think that was Molly's real accent (I've seen/heard her on some MTV fashion show in the past). I guess it was just a bad attempt at an accent.

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I caught the pilot on HDTV. FOr the most part, it looked fantastic with atmospheric look and feel. But certain scenes looked rather strobe-y, as if they were filmed in 15 frames per second or so. Is this intentional or some sort of HDTV artifact (did certain scenes look weird on NTSC broadcast as well)?

Steve_L_B

Stunt Coordinator
Totally unwatchable in HD in many parts of the country as well as in our area. There was severe combing and stuttering, we had to switch back to the analog feed. We thought it was most likely a Comcast cable problem, but I read on another forum that a lot of people across the country had the same problem.

The show itself was just okay, but it has enough going for it to make us watch couple of more episodes to see how things develop. Fixing the HD problem would definitly make the show better given the setting.

-Steve

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought it was pretty good but I doubt I would watch it again.
I think the premise would get old real quick but Josh Duhamel was quite the looker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks