What's new

Laramie is coming! (1 Viewer)

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
Another in the continuing series of shows that Universal doesn't care about because it's before the 1980s. And from what I understand, at some point in time these were remastered to tape so they should be looking pretty good. The first 2 seasons were in black and white and the next 2 in color.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Hank Dearborn said:
Another in the continuing series of shows that Universal doesn't care about because it's before the 1980s. And from what I understand, at some point in time these were remastered to tape so they should be looking pretty good. The first 2 seasons were in black and white and the next 2 in color.
Hank, is Timeless releasing this? It would make sense for them to do so given the number of Uni/Revue westerns that they did last Fall.

Charles H

Screenwriter
As a Spring Byington--and Hoagy Carmichael--completist, what was your source.? Any info on release date? Season by season? Company? I checked Timeless and I didn't see any mention.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
Yes, it is Timeless indeed. As you well know, when dealing with Universal, they are willing to pretty much license anything pre-1980 but the big thing is what elements are available. They destroyed/chucked all of their 16mm prints in the early 90s. They charge a fortune to master something from film. So then it becomes a matter of what they have a tape transfer on already. So if a show has run anywhere in the last couple of decades it should be available to be licensed. If it hasn't ever been put to tape, then the only way we'll see it is if somehow the 16's wound up out there in the collectors' market.

Ivan G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ivan G. Shreve, Jr.
Thanks for passing this news along, Hank. I look forward to purchasing any and all sets.

Kruzer31

Agent
Real Name
Doug
Received an E-mail from Timeless today indicating a 6DVD set of Laramie will be released on February 24, 2009. It will contain 28 color episodes from the 3rd season and an interview with Robert Fuller.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Season 3 is the first color season and the season Spring Byington,(The December Bride) joined the cast. They probably think, that S3 might be the most popular season and it ties in with their color Wagon Train release.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
If they think Spring Byington is a selling point, why doesn't someone release "December Bride?" With its "I Love Lucy" lead-in, "December Bride" was the second-highest rated sitcom of the 1950s!

Stephen Bowie

Stunt Coordinator
Also, I wonder if Universal might've had tape masters for the color episodes but not the black & white seasons.

S

silverking

Stephen Bowie said:
Also, I wonder if Universal might've had tape masters for the color episodes but not the black & white seasons.
I think that may be the case.The colour Laramie episodes ran here in the UK in the 80's.
Decent quality copies of the black & white episodes have always been difficult to obtain.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Full description, episode listing and cover art has now been posted at Timeless' site:
Laramie
Robert Fuller fans must be very happy with this release, "Emergency!" season 5 later this month, and the recent color season of "Wagon Train."

S

silverking

Thanks for that Bob.

Hope they are right about them being uncut.

I would have preferred either of the first two seasons & hope we may seee them further down the line.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Doug^Ch said:
I was under the impression that this was season 3 complete, and that it was not broken down into volumes.
Doug
I think that it's probably a misprint, given what Timeless is showing at their website. Perhaps the original thought was to break season 3 into two volumes, as Timeless did with "Laredo." But the description at Timeless' site makes it pretty clear that it's the full third season.

Fredrick Tucker

Auditioning
Charles,

I'm trying to complete my DECEMBER BRIDE collection so that I can include a complete episode guide as an appendix to my forthcoming biography of Verna Felton (Hilda on BRIDE) for Bear Manor Media books. I lack about 17 episodes of the 157, and most of these are from the final season. Do you have all DB eps?

Fredrick Tucker

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Would you believe Laramie S2 is coming in February 2012, even with a missing episode from Season 1 titled "Ride Into Darkness". Gee Whiz! I never noticed that one missing!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
How is the video quality of Season one for this series? I saw the later color episodes appear to be a bit washed out which is dissapointing after the great color of The Virginian releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks