What's new

Land of the Lost DVDs (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
I see where Rhino HV is putting out Land of the Lost DVDs but doesn anyone know if there are plans for a whole set or just individual DVD sets?

I'd love to see a box set of this show from my youth!!!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I see where Rhino HV is putting out Land of the Lost DVDs
Where do you see this?

There's a 4-ep disc from 2000. There's a "Krofft Sampler" set with 1 LotL ep from a year or two ago.

Columbia House had planned to put some out on a subscription basis, but cancelled those plans due to lack of interest.

Are there new plans that I've missed out on?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
They also have Pufnstuf volume 1, which came out ages ago (according to Bits with the wrong episodes on them, and their typically goofy menus). If they would commit to a full series I'd bite, but funds don't allow partial purchases of these kinds of shows.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think that description at Amazon may be where you got the "Volume 1" thing from.

HERE are the existing LotL releases I mentioned earlier. I hope Rhino revisits the whole thing. As with Jesse, noone asked me and I love the show...both versions, in fact. My son enjoys it. I have a few old friends that enjoy it. I know a gentleman who was the story editor and a writer for the first show, and a developer on the '91 version...he certainly would like to see his stuff on DVD.

I should point out that the show is ranked in the top 12% among shows voted for as "wanted on DVD" at TVShowsOnDVD, and that 99% of voters want season sets! That puts it higher than many, MANY shows already released or annouced in DVD season sets (though I'll refrain from embarrassing anyone by naming names). I think there's some revenue in this show for Rhino...really. They just have to figure out the best way to market it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks