What's new

Lambda/Dayton PR sub: *PICS* (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Seungsoo. :)
Wes, John knows lots more than I do, but with that size box I'd have gone with 1400g. My sub was designed for mainly HT punch, which it excels at, and it happens to sound great on the music I listen to, but if classical music is important to you you might be better served with the lower tuning. The nice thing is, you can certainly try the 1050g first, than add mass if needed. Ask John how much mass it can take, maybe you can even try more than 1400g for an even lower tuning.
When it's finalized, it would be best if you added a rumble filter somewhere close to the Fb of the sub. Mine has been bottom-less (@ 10dB below DD reference) with everything I've thrown at it when calibrated correctly (it's actually still slightly "hot" due to the meter's inaccuracy), but I'd be more comfortable, and have even more headroom, with a more aggressive rumble/high-pass filter than the stock one in the AVA250 (Fc = 18Hz, only -3db @ 13Hz).
I know what you mean about the cuts, getting access to my brother's table saw was a real pleasure.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Jack, great looking sub! A laminate installer once told me to apply vaseline to the laminate area where your laminate trimming bit's bearing would rub - supposedly helps prevent marring of the laminate.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Hank. That's a good tip, the bearing sticking is a big problem once it starts to get full of glue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks