What's new

Lake Placid - Full Rate DTS - Japanese Region 2 Review (1 Viewer)

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
You can find our review of the excellent Japanese DTS release of the cult classic Lake Placid here.

Whilst this is the best version of the movie available on the market today, it is also suprisingly affordable.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
When did this silly movie become a "cult classic"? Not every bad movie out there is elevated to that status, and I don't think this is one of them.

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...ahh... but it has "Full Rate DTS" now!...that's more than enough - for some people anyway - to pass it (or just about any other movie) as a 'cult' object...

...sigh...

. . . . . .

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
...ahh... but it has "Full Rate DTS" now!...that's more than enough - for some people anyway - to pass it (or just about any other movie) as a 'cult' object...
.... and enough for some to enter a thread and talk shit about something they clearly have no interest in...

Thanks for the review Chris, I enjoyed this disc also.

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
It maybe advertising an article on my site, but I gain absolutely no profits from it in any shape or form. In fact, even with the very small banner ad in place, I still end up having to pay out of my own pocket each month to keep DVD Debate running. The site is purely a hobby.

This thread is hardly spamming. It is within the topic of the forum and contains genuinely helpful material. A large percentage of the people who readily purchase DVDs are unaware of DTS titles available from other areas. The point of this forum is to bring these titles to their attention.

If you wish for me to post the whole review in the thread in future, I will do so... But I really don't see that as being worthwhile for myself or the readers.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Chris,

No, we'd rather prefer a link to the review, not the whole text copied.

Cees

Runar_R

Second Unit
Chris,

I certainly enjoy your reviews, and I'm sure I'm not alone in doing that. Keep up the good work!:emoji_thumbsup:

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Chris for pointing this version out. Love it. Excellent tongue in cheek humour. Copy just arrived, R1 already up for sale. Makes a change to find a Japanese copy to be a sensible price, even with CDJapan's extra handling and registered post costs. Beautifully packed, and arrived in 5 days, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks