What's new

Lake House movie and the PS3? (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
This is the second one I have tried - The first one would not even be recognized as a disc and now the second one comes up with an error wehn I try to play.

The error.... "This video cannot be played. (80029940)."

Anyone else have prolems with this disc on the PS3 or ever seen this error? Besides the freezing issue, I have never seen this error or had a problem with a blu ray disc.

TonyT

Auditioning
I just tried my Lake House rental disc and got the same error message. I also just updated to firmware 1.6.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
So it just doesn't work at all? I guess I'll switch to the SD DVD in my Netflix queue. The BD has been on "long wait" for weeks now anyway.

CRyan

Screenwriter
I am trying for a third. But I am certainly a reason for peoples long wait right now at Blockbuster online.

I have read more about this error happening with other discs as well. Most report them as rentals that have some kind of surface defect. Both of the Lakehouse discs had a similar problem. Three small indented lines - almost like what a mechanical mail sorter would do.

What is odd though is many other discs have had bad abrasions with absolutely no issues.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Sounds to me like the PS3 is desperately trying to save you from the torture of watching The Lake House. Consider it a blessing.

CRyan

Screenwriter
That is actually the joke with my wife. When it first occured, I told my wife THANK GOD - Put in Rocky! :)

THen the second one did it and I got concerned...

slickblackvette

Auditioning
Real Name
John

Yeah, I agree with Chris!!! There is a reason the disc won't play...............the machine is trying to tell you the movie sucks! I have to give it a big :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: .....two thumbs down for pure boredom and stupidity!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
My rental copy worked...on my PS3...at least it did when I viewed it about a week after it was released to HD-DVD.

The only reason I remember this is because I will always consider itto be the worst movie I have ever seen! Ever!

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I got a very scratched "Lake House" on Blu-ray from Blockbuster and it wouldn't play. I saw it was on HBO and I just got a freeview of HBO with DirecTV for some reason so I recorded it to watch later and hope Blockbuster doesn't send me another disc. HBO crops HD movies so maybe they cut out all of the bad parts on the side of the film and the cropped version will be awesome. I have never seen it, but thought it was supposed to be pretty good, this thread sure indicates it isn't.

Chris

CRyan

Screenwriter
I think Blockbuster only had three copies as the fourth time they sent me the first disc AGAIN. Even after I returned it indicating it had a problem. Anyway, all four did not work. Still have not seen it. Not in any hurry.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Well I gave up on ever getting it from Netflix, it was on HBO so I Tivo'd it.

I think it was ok (for a chick flick :)) right until the end, where it didn't make any logical sense based on the time travel rules previously established. But then that's a problem most such movies have.

BTW, I still don't know why he never asked her to provide winning lottery numbers. :)

Tim Johnson

Agent
Unfortunately the copy that NetFlix sent me played just fine on my PS3.

Fortunately, my wife has the same feeling I do towards that movie, so I should never have to watch it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks