What's new

Laird talks Animated Turtles 2003... Possible DVD specs? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I recently completed an email Interview with Mr.Peter Laird, detailing what's in store for the Turtles in 2003. As always, I try to throw in a few DVD questions along the way. Last time it was about a possible re-release for Movie 1. This time it's about the new animated show.

Keep in mind this is what he'd LIKE to see released, but if the folks at 4Kids have final say about what goes on the DVD, this may be what is included. They are supposedly HUGE fans of the franchise.

I'm also trying to track down the shows producers to see if they can give us any concrete or official answers. But if thise happens, these could be some cool DVD's.

Here's what he had to say..

11)I did an interview with the Music Producer for the show, stating that DVD's for the new show are in production at present, but he couldn't give me any more than that. Have you heard anything on special DVD features like Episode or Creator Commentaries? How many episodes per disc, etc? Hopefully we won't get cheated with two eps per DVD like the original VHS tapes had :).

I've only had a few brief discussions with Lloyd about the DVDs, and don't know much about what is planned, although Lloyd and I thought it would be fun if we (and a few other people, like maybe Chuck Patton and Gary Richardson) did some commentaries on each episode. I do know that I am scheduled to do an interview specifically for the DVD project. I'd love to see the entire season in one package, like the STAR TREK:TNG sets, and for extras I think some preproduction art galleries, pencil tests, storyboards, and interviews with people who have worked on the new show would be good. I've also strongly suggested to Lloyd that they do a video tour of the 4Kids production offices (I had the pleasure of getting the tour last month and found it fascinating), and probably it would be neat to see some of how the show is animated at Dong Woo's facility in Korea.

For anyone who's interested in the rset of the interview,
http://www.ninjaturtlesnetwork.com/i.../interv019.htm

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
VERY cool news! The new show is great, it feels just like the first movie and more genuine than the older show. I'd like to see the older toon get released but I'll pick up the new series for sure. Hope this happens.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
I'd like to see the older toon get released
According to DVDtoons, Artisan is planning on DVD's of the original animated series for sometime this year. Here's hoping they will release season 1 and 2 of the old toon together. Since just getting 5 Episodes in the first release, would be kind of a letdown. :)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I'd love both series on DVD as well. The original was a huge part of my childhood. To this day I still have a giant box of Turtle-related action figures. The new series is great too although I've missed a few episodes.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Sorry for digging up an old topic but I have new found respect for Artisan now if this is true about the old series:emoji_thumbsup: .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks