What's new

Laaaaadies and gentlemen, SONOTUBE is DONNNNEEEEE!!!! (1 Viewer)

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
I really should post some pictures, but it doesn't look that great (you can still see caulking...I'm not much of a stickler for detail!).
I just wanted you all to know I will be sending you a bill for the various pictures and windows that are falling off the walls and breaking, etc. My wife is none too happy either she says she is afraid the bass will cause a miscarriage. Oh, yeah, also need to pay for the muscle relaxant to wipe this silly shit eating GRIN off my face cause I can't stop the BASS!!!!!
Its worth the time. Its worth the money. Its worth the 4.5 feet of living area in the corner that it takes up. This thing ROCKS, ladies and gents, and I say to you all, go NOW and build one of these bad boys. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!
Thanks to everyone who helped me out along the way:
Patrick, Gregg, Greg, Mike Knapp (The original inspiration), the fool who bought my Asheron's Call account for $300 bucks, my wife for allowing it, Patrick again for being such a great help, Dan at Adire Audio, my dad for helping with some of the other details, Hal for helping cut it even though his wife was bugging him, and thanks Ron and Packy for keeping this forum alive where so many people can share so much valuable information with each other! I love this place, and you guys all rock!
I'll post pictures as soon as I can stop booming long enough to get the camera out. =)
------------------
trenton1.gif

I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!,
I'd have all my money back. -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Patrick, one question:
I have my amplifier turned up all the way to 0db (peavey amp setting) on both channels (each channel goes to each voice coil) in order to get decent output from the sub, and I have also had to adjust my speaker levels on my main amplifier as well down about 4 or 5db on each speaker, then raise the subwoofer level about 5db in order to get a balanced output. I thought it was malfunctioning before I made those changes, because I was unable to hear anything at all coming out of the sub.
Where do you keep the volume controls on your Peavey amp? And, do you turn the amp off, or do you let it run constantly?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Trenton, way to go!!
Your CS 400 should be turned up all the way. To control your sub volume you should be using the individual channel levels on your receiver. Set your speakers to small. On my system, all my speakers are all +1,-1. My sub setting is at -7.
Lots of luck and enjoy it!! Ive been working on my new tube all weekend, and will hopefully have it completed by tomorrow.
Gregg
------------------
The Sonodome
Gregg's DVDs
Link Removed
The Family Units

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gregg's advice is sage. Blast up the amp channel level to "11", and use the receiver's subwoofer output to control the bass volume relative to the other speakers. Are you now "calibrated" with the new sub in place? If not, that's a good place to start. Currently, my subwoofer output level is a -5dB on my Sony receiver. But YMMV.
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; Sunosub I + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks