What's new

Kung Fu - Season 1 (March 16th) is not OAR (1 Viewer)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm one of the ones who didn't care about KF being released in MAR. Basically because I have differing standards for different products. To me, KF is simply fun chewing gum that I'd like to revist from my relative youth. If they would release, say, Casablanca in MAR I'd blow a gasket.

That said, I'd certainly *prefer* the OAR version.

I guess the question for them is do they sell more by annoying the OAR crowd or going contrary to the fill-the-screen crowd? (And now that I typed that I'll have to go back and re-read the thread since I'm confused. Wouldn't most people who don't care have 4:3 set and be just as happy with the OAR version in this case?)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
(this was the only "KF" S1 thread that came up on search)

Played on an HDTV, would this anamorphic SD DVD have more, less, or the same resolution as the full frame "KF" S2 & S3 played on a HDTV?
Thanks.

Not trying to start an OAR war.
I believe resolution would be the same.
Hoping someone w/more knowledge would know the answer.
Thanks, again.

In the bonus material, they mention that after the pilot/TV movie of the week, ABC wanted only to do two more 90 minute shows. What happen too those two? They also said they wanted too do thirteen shows for the 1st season. Were the two 'movies' (90 minutes) turned into two 'TV' (1 hour) episodes?

James 'Tiger' Lee

Second Unit
Real Name
James Lee
Is there a possibilty the show (or at least the pilot film) was shot with open matte framing suitable for a possible theatrical release? I understand this was a common thing for tv shows shot on film back and could excuse the matting

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks