What's new

Kroft Double Release Disappointment! (1 Viewer)

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Actually, it's now $26.99 at Amazon. I had seen the listing for $44.99 too and it said The Complete Series. Now it's been changed to Season 1 and the lower price. I hadn't gotten around to buying the earlier release so will definitely pick this up, although I too wish it had been the complete series.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That's very interesting. I sure would have paid that for the whole deal.
I'll pre-order at $26.99. No prob. Thanks for the heads up Scott. :tu:
Man! Here's something for the really BIG fans of the show! Hahaha!
Btw, I noticed they are listing all this as "Sigmund and the sea monster". :rolleyes:

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Deidre Hall is returning to Days of Our Lives late this September, releasing Electra-Woman and Dyna-Girl at the same time would be a great way to celebrate.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Ethan Riley said:
Sigmund was 17 and 12, for a total of 29 episodes.
That would be the first time I have ever heard of a season running 12 episodes, though a season of 17 is not "unheard of." (16 and 13 seems more along the lines of other shows of that era.) If it really was 17 and 12, then it was, but that's very strange.
The reason I question it is because the final episode on the Rhino Season 1 set has the Season 2 theme song.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Mark Y said:
That would be the first time I have ever heard of a season running 12 episodes, though a season of 17 is not "unheard of." (16 and 13 seems more along the lines of other shows of that era.) If it really was 17 and 12, then it was, but that's very strange.
The reason I question it is because the final episode on the Rhino Season 1 set has the Season 2 theme song.
Were the characters of Sheldon and Shelby in that episode? If so, then it is really a season 2 episode, regardless of what online episode guides are saying, since those characters weren't in season one.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My Sigmund arrived today. The price dropped $6 and amazon made good on that.
Looks good to me. Haven't yet opened...hoping to throw one on for Saturday morning.
Now...the wait for the rest of the show. Hoping it doesn't get stalled again.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Finally checked out the first episode. Nostalgic to the point of overwhelming. Although I have that first episode from the Best of DVD I've had for years that Rhino put out. They can't do the rest of the show soon enough for me. The package is a little cheesy but it's oddly appropriate. Rhinos cover of this set was too minimalist.
the "commentary" from Sid Krofft on the first episode was enjoyable (he's a sweet guy) but really just interview material played over the episode. I'd love real commentary on a future set. ...glad to hear there's a movie in the works. Sure hope it's being made for us nostalgic folks. I still need to watch the one for Land of the Lost.
MORE KROFFT STUFF PLEASE
There. Just wanted to put that here in case somebody is looking who can do it. hee!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Considering how many copies of Gilligan's Island Warner has sold, I'm surprised no one has ever released Far Out Space Nuts. I think it would sell pretty well.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
JoeDoakes said:
Considering how many copies of Gilligan's Island Warner has sold, I'm surprised no one has ever released Far Out Space Nuts. I think it would sell pretty well.
A single set with Far out Space Nuts and Lost Saucer (Jim Nabors/Ruth Buzzi) would be a great idea. I'd preorder that one.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Really, really tired of waiting for someone to actually do something substantial with these shows. Maybe it is a limited market, but I never thought I'd have Isis and Ark II and even Pink Lady on DVD already, while I'm still waiting for ElectraWoman and Dr. Shrinker. We're not quite at the 'Batman' stage of frustration, but after all these years I'm getting there.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I also have been waiting for another release. I'm not sure what these guys are waiting for. Our generation from the 1970's and early 80's are the ones who will really go out and buy these sets.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I can almost handle the Batman frustration since the wait means when it comes out, they should have a Blu-ray of the series. The lack of the remaining Krofft titles won't get such a benefit since it's all shot on standard def video.

Would have been so much better if Vivendi had put out all the shows in one mega-set under at Krofft Saturday Morning Spectacular banner like a Time-Warner set, Then they could have split it off a year or so later. Or maybe they're sitting on this stuff in hopes that the Johnny Depp version of HR Pufnstuf goes into production to boost visibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks