What's new

KP46ST500 Flicker (1 Viewer)

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
I think I'm getting the dreaded Sony flicker on my KP46ST500.

The picture (especially in darker scenes) is a little shaky and pulses shades of green. I saw this a few weeks ago after a lenghly time watching, but it really came to light today. The TV was on for several hours then I sat down to watch a moveie on the HD channel.

Does this sound like "THE Flicker"? Anyone else have this happen with this model?

Thanks,
Chris

Gilbert ^P

Stunt Coordinator
i have this model. damn. that sucks, it kinda sounds like it. call for service and describe the problem. they will tell you if it is the dreaded flicker. you'll be the first is you do have it with this set.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Chris ... get it fixed and then call me. I'll get you back up and running again.

Regards

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Michael. That was the first thing running through my head. ARGHHH if/when they replace the guns I will need a re-calibration!

Frank_Ber

Agent
When was your Sony RPTV manufactured? I just one two weeks ago (manufactured Mar2003) and so far no flicker. I am really worried that I will get it too. I thought I have avoided it by staying away from the 51WS500.

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
Well I spoke to my salesman (a really great guy) and he spoke to Sony. Based solely on the description of my problem they have ordered 3 new guns and will be doing the replacement in my home in the next week or two.

Chris

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
Got my new guns put in last week. Damn, what a difference. My brain was getting used to the green hue to everything so once it got fixed, it was a bit of a shock.

Flicker free HD. Wow. Watched Spiderman on HBOH and some stuff on HDPPV. Crazy good picture.

All 3 guns replaced ($400 each) plus 4 hours of labor. Thank you Sony for stepping up to the plate and admiting your mistake and not making me work for the fix!

Michael, I'm moving the TV downstairs when my home theatre is done (3-4 weeks), I'll call you for a re-calibration after the move!

Cheers,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks