What's new

Korean man dies after computer games binge (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Hey, at least it didn't happen in the US, where his relatives would instantly sue the cafe, the game makers, and "The Internet" for "negligence" in the death of their son.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Have you guys been to an internet cafe recently?

Used to be you'd see a bunch of people quietly surfing the net or writing resumes or papers.

Now it seems like they are all full of young people who do nothing for hours on end but play games (at full volume no less) involving a lot of violent imagery.

I'm not down on video games, even enjoy them myself from time to time, but it's pretty clear that some people don't quite know where to draw the line between fun and addiction.

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Max....I spent the last 3 years playing Asheron's Call...finally quit a couple weeks ago...

VERY fun game turned into a horrible addiction that can really ruin many aspects of your life.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Frankly, I don't see the problem. Yes, it's sad that he died but he at least died doing something that he liked. It was his choice...

Rain: Points well taken. However, I would argue that the alternative is much worse: Having the line dictated to you.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't cancelled my two Asheron's Call accounts. Haven't played in a month! Now I'm between games.

Screw it. I'll go skirt-chasing!

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I've got a friend who has logged over 2400 hrs. on Everquest since last August. Needless to say, he's addicted. You can't hardly get him to do anything else anymore. Are there support groups for this? I love video games myself, but that is just too much.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Sell your accounts, and buy PC hardware or HT trinkets or DVDs.
Why sell the accounts, when you can have your cake and eat it too? :)
But, I really should. The money I save can get me an extra DVD a month!
Darnit, hardly any girls wear skirts anymore. Just really really tight jeans, or those form-fitting black pants. :eek: Skirts are so much easier to grab and hold on to!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Max: ONly up here in canada where its too cold for them to wear skirts ;) Hey, i dont mind skintight jeans either :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks