What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I had a problem with my password, but Dave got me in and now it is all squared away. My old avatar didn't make it, but I was going to change it anyway.

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
Adam Gregorich said:
...After images subscriptions are our hightest priority. Depending on how that works PMs may or may not happen. Its too early to tell. I wish I could give you a firm yes or no, but I can't yet.
Good. The subscriptions page was my bookmark for HTF and I miss it. LOL! Otherwise it looks very good. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
THe Join Dates are all wonky...Everyone is showing for me as Joined July 6, 1997, 6:00pm...I think that is *my* join date, why everyone would inherit it is beyond me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cees Alons said:
Currently I'm suspecting the Join Date you see under everybody's name is really your own Join Date.

Cees
Ditto. I see everyone's "Join Date" as October 9, 2001. And I know that's my "Join Date."

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
It has felt like a long week as this is the only film/tv/home media forum I participate in. So welcome back everyone.

I have a question - will the Preview button be positioned next to the Post button as before?

Pete York

Supporting Actor
"Over Capacity"? What causes that?

Attachments

• htf capacity.jpg
    htf capacity.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 86

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
These may not be issues, but I'm not sure. In the past, posts of sub forums (say blu-ray reviews) were also contained in the parent (blu-ray) forum. That doesn't seem to be the case now. Reviews are only in the Review sub forum. Is that the expected behavior?

I don't see a button or link to open a thread at the first new post. There is a link at the top of an opened thread to go to the first new post. Is this the new way to do it?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Johnny Angell said:
These may not be issues, but I'm not sure. In the past, posts of sub forums (say blu-ray reviews) were also contained in the parent (blu-ray) forum. That doesn't seem to be the case now. Reviews are only in the Review sub forum. Is that the expected behavior?

I don't see a button or link to open a thread at the first new post. There is a link at the top of an opened thread to go to the first new post. Is this the new way to do it?
Click on the star or the circle to the left of the thread title (a star means you've posted in that thread).

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Johnny Angell said:

Johnny-
The posts in the sub forums showing in the forums is something that is on the roadmap and shoud be done sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. Having said that we will be changing the way reviews are listed on the site sometime in the next 72 hours. Currently they are located in three places and we have received a log of feedback around that, so we will be putting all reviews in one place: 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD and TV (DVD & Blu-ray) and you will be able to sort, so if you want to see all the 3D, TV, etc it will be easy for you to do.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I've had to change my local clock in My Profile twice already today. I'm sure it has been tied to re-sets after you fellas have implemented some fixes during the day. But I keep defaulting to the Pacific time zone (sted Eastern).Talk about your West Coast bias! :D

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
This might help:

The grey star on the top two posts shows that I have posted there, but there is no new content.

The blue circle on the third post means that I have read that thread previously, but not posted and there is new content since I have been there. If the circle was grey it would mean there was no new content.

The blue star on the 4th post means I have posted there and there is new content.

Clicking on a blue star or circle will take you to the first unread post.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Aaah... Glad to hear Subscriptions are being worked on, but will it work basically the same way as before on Huddler (ie. My Subscriptions feed)? That's the one feature I did grow to like about the old Huddler site (though the mobile version was a bit of a downgrade). Thanks. _Man_

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Pete York said:
"Over Capacity"? What causes that?

Not to cause you guys more stress, but I've been getting the same message as Pete York. Got mine about 12:30 PST.

Nothing major, I just try again a few minutes later and it's fine, but maybe something low priority to add to the list of minor glitches.

Thanks

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Another way to look at new posts is to hover over the center left of a thread listing and click the arrow:
another way.PNG

You get a thread preview and there are links to the first, last and first unread post.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Adam Gregorich said:
Fritz-
A few months ago we changed the post editing to 24 hours as we had a problem with some members who frankly ruined it for everyone. We made some exceptions for the the people who are participating in the monthly and yearly track your films threads. PM me with what you want to edit and why and I will take a look. Fair warning it may take me 48 hours to get back to you...
Hmm we all know what happened last time someone said about 48 hours. :P

Uh oh, will I be getting warning points for that?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not sure if this is an issue or feature.....
hitting "quote" usually pops one down to the reply window, it doesn't currently do that.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
PM's are currently gone. User settings for the most part weren't compatible between the two platforms. Expect to get Subcriptions (Content I follow) back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks