What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I was able to find the post - see

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/311344-mgm-press-release-bond-50-blu-ray/page-76

BUT I) did a search for Never Say Never in blue ray forum and it did not find it!!!?

With the search is not without Capitals option? or perhaps leading spaces? I suspect the problem is the bold Never Say Never causes the mismatch

In regards to the region free BR that I got from Amazon-UK, The BR was not cut when the horse with Bond on its back jumped off the building.. Perhaps the actual fall was phoney but one did see the horse hitting the water. I compared that with a DVD bought in Germany and saw no difference.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There appears to be a problem with posting images in PMs.

While posting images off HDDs in the forum (like I'm about to do below) works fine...when you try to post such an image in a PM, I'm seeing the following:

HTF Image Issue.jpg

But the editor/image posting dialog worked fine in this post.

I was alerted to this by member gene c.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I note some people can switch off the "edit" part in their control panel, i do not have this option, i also do not have an option to list my 5 favourite movie discs, its there but it cannot be used, the edit part isn't there at all so everytime i edit a post it shows as being edited, i want to switch that off.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
FoxyMulder said:
I note some people can switch off the "edit" part in their control panel, i do not have this option, i also do not have an option to list my 5 favourite movie discs, its there but it cannot be used, the edit part isn't there at all so everytime i edit a post it shows as being edited, i want to switch that off.
The edit check might be an oversite on my part in getting usergroups set up It should be the same for all member classes. Let me run it by Ron, Kevin and Dave to see how they want it.

What happens when you try to edit the 5 favorite discs? Can you edit any of the other fields in your profile?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Adam Gregorich said:
The edit check might be an oversite on my part in getting usergroups set up It should be the same for all member classes. Let me run it by Ron, Kevin and Dave to see how they want it.

What happens when you try to edit the 5 favorite discs? Can you edit any of the other fields in your profile?
I was able to add my 5 favourite movies but there is just a small square box rather than the usual rectangular one and i cannot add anything to it, everything else seems there, except the option to switch off the part which shows a post has been edited, some other people can do that and have shown me it exists in their control panel, screenshot below.

hometheater_1.gif

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The favorite discs should be fixed. I need a few days on the edit. It will be the same for everyone, just not sure yet which way it will be.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Mike Frezon said:
There appears to be a problem with posting images in PMs.

While posting images off HDDs in the forum (like I'm about to do below) works fine...when you try to post such an image in a PM, I'm seeing the following:

attachicon.gif
HTF Image Issue.jpg

But the editor/image posting dialog worked fine in this post.

I was alerted to this by member gene c.
PM and sigs don't support the new image uploader. In the meantime I enabled attachments for PMs so Gene should be able to use that

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam Gregorich said:
PM and sigs don't support the new image uploader. In the meantime I enabled attachments for PMs so Gene should be able to use that
I just added an image to a PM by using the "Attach File" sequence which appears underneath the "Full Editor" when you call that up.

However, I then tried to add an image to a PM in the same PM thread by using the Image button at the top of the editor and got the same result as in the image posted above.

A

adamG3

Mike Frezon said:
I just added an image to a PM by using the "Attach File" sequence which appears underneath the "Full Editor" when you call that up. However, I then tried to add an image to a PM in the same PM thread by using the Image button at the top of the editor and got the same result as in the image posted above.
With what I did you can use the attach file under the editor, the attach file from the picture button doesn't work for PMs and signatures. It does work for linking to a picture however.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Yesterday I tried without success to find a review (BR or DVD) of "Close Encounters". I did not find it. Either is does not exist or I am using the search wrong. In my post above, I found that in the search, the search does not match if the item in bold IF Close Encounters does exist, perhaps there is another error with the search.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sumnernor said:
Yesterday I tried without success to find a review (BR or DVD) of "Close Encounters". I did not find it. Either is does not exist or I am using the search wrong. In my post above, I found that in the search, the search does not match if the item in bold IF Close Encounters does exist, perhaps there is another error with the search.
Blu-ray review of Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I had trouble, too. I used the Advanced Search function and searched only the word Encounters in titles within the review sections and got nothing. I then did the same search in the Blu-ray section and found the above thread. It looks like it has not been properly tagged as a Review.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It could be just the way that I search, but 99% of the time I'm looking to search within thread titles only, but the default search parameters seem to be much broader than that and don't provide what I'm looking for. So I don't bother with the simple search box but just go to Advanced Search right off.

That said, the Close Encounters review is indeed in the wrong forum and needs to be tagged once it's moved into DVD and Blu-ray Reviews.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I noticed a couple of days ago that we now have our own HTF icon that appears within the top of each of my Firefox tabs.

Up until then, we had been seeing the logo of Invision Power Board (IPB)--our new platform host.

:thumbsup:

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike Frezon said:
I noticed a couple of days ago that we now have our own HTF icon that appears within the top of each of my Firefox tabs.

Up until then, we had been seeing the logo of Invision Power Board (IPB)--our new platform host.

:thumbsup:
Yeah i noticed it too, in internet speak they call it a Favicon, i use my cat for my own site. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks