What's new

"Knockaround Guys" - Looks promising (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hi Gang.

Just watched the trailer for "Knockaround Guys" and thought I would see if anyone had more info on it. I did a search for it on the HTF, but did not find a discussion thread.

I think that this film certainly has what it takes in terms of cast with John Malkovich, Dennis Hopper, Vin Diesel, Seth Green and more. The idea of some up-and-coming thugs trying to make an easy score in a small town is interesting, especially when you throw in a bunch of crooked cops to fight with.

From the trailer, I think it looks worth checking out!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't know - something sits on a studio's shelf for that long, it's very seldom a good sign. I seem to recall being unimpressed with the trailers when I saw them last summer (or maybe even spring).

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I remember seeing the trailer back when I saw Blow in April of 2001.
As of now, Blow has already been shown on video and television and Knockaround Guys hasn't still seen the day of light.

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
It looks rather pointless to me, and the fact that it has been shelved for a while steers me away completely. I'm also not a fan of Vin Diesel. So, I don't find Knockaround Guys very appealing.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Interesting points. I did not realize that it had been shelved for so long. I agree that is not a good sign. I guess we will have to wait for someone to get a preview.

Chris Clark

Agent
For me, the lack of interest comes from the overall message of the trailer that it's a Guy Ritchie lads-with-guns romp sans most of wit that made Ritchie's films so fun. It doesn't even look like it will have half as much spark as Red Rock West.
Of course, I'm a sucker for anything with Dennis Hopper or Vin Diesel and try to avoid writing a movie off based on a weak trailer.
-Chris

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Red Rock West? John Dahl (The Last Seduction, Joy Ride), not Guy Ritchie (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch). ;)
As far as Knockaround Guys is concerned, you guys are right that movies delayed this often are generally crap.
But with a cast like this, I'm definitely giving it a shot!
If you're looking for something promising, Knockaround Guys was written and directed by the two guys who wrote Rounders (also directed by Dahl), which I think is a pretty entertaining movie!

Chris Clark

Agent
Oh, I wasn't trying to associate Guy Richie with Red Rock West, but I was trying to link the film to Knockaround Guys' plot from what was gleaned from the trailer (Rural area, a load of cash, plot twists out the wazoo, Dennis Hopper, etc).
-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks