What's new

Knight Rider - Season 1 (Wednesdays this Fall) (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
I to liked the 1st episode. Much better than the TV movie they showed. Wish they would use less CGI though.

Is it now a prerequisite that all hot leading women in a new TV show (Fringe & Knight Rider) must strip down to their underware
to forward the plot ;)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
On par with the original - which is not saying much. Cheesy cornballs. If you need something fun to fill out your TV viewing schedule I recommend Chuck over this.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Saw William Daniels on Boston Legal tonight. He seemed rather well. His voice was lower a bit, but still recognizable. So one does wonder why he's not a part of this remake of Knight Rider, unless he was not considered or was offered and declined.

Opps, I just read a story the producers's dream scenario is to have Daniels come back as the voice of the Trans Am KITT with Hasselhoff at the wheel in an episode of the new show alongside the new.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
So did they set out to make KITT as silly looking as possible? Nice neon lights under the car, should have got a riced out Honda Civic instead of a Mustang.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
This is just a reminder that tonight at 8 p.m. (EST) is the airing of the first episode. :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
did anyone watch.

looks like no one liked the pilot movie but me.

does this follow right from that or is the pilot film just no longer part of the show.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Tony,

Yes, I watched it. And I liked the pilot movie as well.

Tough to say if it followed right from the film; parts of it did and parts didn't, in my opinion. I loved the 'death' of Michael Tracer, and how that part of it recalled the original series. The cars (not only K.I.T.T.!) were amazing, too.

I found the first episode to be very, very fast-moving. I thought the chemistry between Michael and Sarah was quite good. And I like the guy with the grey hair (I believe it's the same actor as was in the film) who seemed to be nearly in charge back at 'Section One' (;)).

What was the lady in black driving--does anyone know? The wing doors were neat. I didn't catch the make or model of the vehicle, though.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Thought it was worse than the movie. Michael Knight never used a gun, why does his son?

The KITT driving around all on fire plot was bad, he should have just drove into a river or lake lol.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I liked the pilot. This first episode was a real mix of groan inducing tongue in cheek characters, the geeky guy and Asian girl, to the ultra serious government guy. The beginning was so James Bond with the gadgets and fighting skills I guess he learned in the military.

It was so aimed at the 14 year olds! I have no trouble admitting I like that kind of stuff most of the time. But I am not sure yet about this version of Knight Rider. I must be getting old!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I agree with Scott, made sense to "kill him" and now we have to watch to see his past revealed. The leads are an attractive couple.

Forgot to add, just because they can, doesn't mean they should. The ability of KITT to morph and change might be a bit over the top. I hated the hot rod thing it turned into, what was that?! The super pursuit version in the pilot was a lot better designed.

edit: Scott, the blue convertible with gull wing doors Michael chases is a Spyker C8 Spyder SWB. I don't know that much about them, the company is European; Amsterdam and Dutch and goes back to 1903, they started as coach builders and now obviously make exotic sports cars. The guy with long white hair is Bruce Davidson, and he was in the pilot too.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Ok so I was a huge fan of the miserably failed series Viper. So yea, I loved Knight Rider or Viper 2.0 if you will.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So, so bad. I think NBC has another Bionic Woman on their hands. I actually stuck with that dog, though. This one? I deleted my series recording at the halfway mark.

The actress who plays Sarah is just plain terrible. Some of the worst acting I've seen in a while. And, that Billy guy is an annoying moron.

I don't think driving into a river would have worked. He was changing to fire on a molecular level, or some nonsense.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Thanks for the information on the car. I need to pick me up a couple of those--one to drive to and from work, and another just to kick around in from time to time.

;)

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris

Viper was a great show. A lot of the show was filmed here in Calgary on the streets near my house, which was really cool. My cousins were extras on one of the episodes.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to like this Knight Rider though. Bad acting, the care changes into to many different versions, too ridiculous stories so far... I'll give it a few weeks to see if it improves.

SDRANGER619

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edgar
Not sure what to make of the show yet...i'm 50/50 on the premier...Will give the show another shot. I have faith.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I'm a massive fan of the original series. To the point that I *almost* started building my own KITT. Got rid of my ol' T/A though. (Oddly enough, I have a new Mustang... to be fair, I bought it before the tv movie was out...)

I didn't MIND the movie. Sure, they needed to make some changes, but I liked the new KITT, and the nano-tech that it was based on. Plus the big-screen in the stereo/a-c area of the dash was kinda cool.

Seems to me the series is aimed at 14 year old boys. The car is riced out to the point of being ridiculous. Neon lights and a big KR on the bottom of the car? Blue LEDs in "pursuit mode"? And don't even get me started on the ridiculous intakes that pop up through the hood. I *hate* the "Transformers" feel to the car. At least the nano-tech felt *slightly* believable.

I thought they cheaped out on KITTs interior... standard GT500K dash with a HAL-style light, and some lights on the dash "brows". Otherwise, it's stock now? What happened to the big LCD screen? It was better to go with the HUD that is always in the drivers view? (Not sure how Mike was still driving during a high-speed pursuit with all the crap on the windscreen in front of him.) The original KITT had custom stuff everywhere, and dozens of controls. The new one just has a HAL eye?

There are boobs everywhere, and the Billy character needs to die a quick death.

The acting was average-to-lousy... the lead woman is just terrible. The plot (such as it was) was lame.

...all in all, I had high hopes for the series, and I'm not sure if I'll make it through another episode. This was just BAD.

C'mon, I know the original series was cheesy fun, but this? The cheese is rather smelly, and not tasty at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks