What's new

Klipsch RW-10d reviews? (1 Viewer)

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Tony,

You do not have to timbre match the sub. Internet Direct subs are a great value. If you have never heard this, then you haven't been around audio sites/forums very long... As for the demo, that IS what you are doing. You are getting 30 days to listen in YOUR room, not some showroom.

werty7777

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Martin
Tony,

I see that you said you have a Martin Logan Dynamo. I just upgraded from the Dynamo to an SVS sub and best believe it is a huge upgrade. I was a little taken back by the fact that the internet direct companies are just that, but if you haven't tried HSU, SVS, etc you can't try and lead other posters away from a better product since you don't know better. Internet direct companies can produce quality products at cheaper prices for many reasons. Additionally subs do not and basically cannot be timbre matched in the first place. Not trying to poop in your cereal but this are facts.

gpgab97

Grip
Real Name
Who Flung Poo
I've been installing for 7 years here in P.A. and about 4 before that in north and South Carolina. I've "been around".

gpgab97

Grip
Real Name
Who Flung Poo
I never said i own anything Martin Logan.....And what is this about leading other posters? If anything the people posting about the online only brands are marketing just that. I only offered some advise, take it or leave it.

werty7777

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Martin
Tony,
My bad that was MaxL's post about the ML Dynamo not yours. My apologies.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having a real hard time not responding sarcastically, but you are making a huge mistake if you are characterizing all internet subs as bass heavy and boomy. Also, as far as timbre matching, before I got my Onkyo receiver with Audyssey, I could clearly tell that my Def Tech center did not exactly match the timbre of my floor-standing mains, even though they should. There was never any apparent issue between them, or my new mains and my internet sub. When calibrated correctly, no one has ever heard my system and said it was boomy or too heavy on the bass.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Anybody who says you have to timbre match a sub has been listening to salesmen who hate online retailers. It simply isn't true. It's no more true than saying $400 HDMI cables will give a better picture or you have to run equal lengths of speaker wire so the sound will reach your ears at the same time. Just another ruse to get people to buy the high cost, low performance sub from a particular speaker manufacturer, mostly because the installer gets a good discount on a package deal.

And I have also "been around." Only I got out of sales a long time ago because it made me feel dirty to hear what salesmen would say to screw a customer.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
But what you are describing is not timbre matching, it's quality of sound. Big difference. You said a sub had to be timbre matched, and that is most certainly wrong. Timbre matching is matching the quality of sound across the same frequencies. By its very definition, a sub is recused from that exercise.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
If his new "location" isn't enough to get his account suspended, I don't know what is. Good riddance to bad rubbish! I don't know of any internet vendor that uses any cardboard in their subs. If that's what he's been installing for people...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks