What's new

Klipsch or Axiom? (1 Viewer)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Eddie, I am going with Hsu for a few reasons. As you said, the SVS narrowly "beat" it. Are certain SVS models better than certain Hsu.......sure, but the oposite is true as well. To be honest with you (I am probably going to get nailed with this one), a big reason is simply that I think SVS's are very ugly. In order to get into the "wood" finishes you gotta spend the cash. This sub will be going into a "formal" living room/theater. I have a FP and pulldown screen so everything is hidden. The SVS is so big and ugly that I think my wife will leave me if that showed up on the doorstep. I can get a very attractive Hsu VTF2 for 499$ with a nice "maple" finish. Plus the size is small enough so it won't stick out like a sore thumb. I looked into the PB10 but man, that thing is still pretty big and the finishes it comes with are butt ugly IMO. I whish they would give the more inexpensive models a "real wood" type finish and not those solid plasticy type finish.
Now before people get angry with me ;).......I know this is a very pro SVS forum and rightfuly so, they make a great sub and have equaly great customer support. It is just not what I am looking for because of my situation. Me thinking they're ugly is my opinion....it is not a fact. Some people love the way they look...others don't. Most can care less. I whish I could care less about the looks but in my situation it is not possible. And before people say...."you have to control that wife of yours".....my wife allowed me to design my formal living room to meet the needs of a very nice home theater without batting an eye. Most people get stuck in a basement ;).

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Hey don't feel bad.. a lot of us have bought or got other things that fit the decor better... just the way it goes. Besides HSU, SVS they are both good subs... People ought not to judge others tastes or ways they have to do certain things but to help them as they can and thats it... Congrats as I am sure you will love what you get from HSU!

eddieZEN

Second Unit
Evan,

ah yes, the old WAF...I'm certainly no stranger to THAT, heh heh. Personally I find the rock erosion method to be pretty good---just keep tap tap tapping away at her with ever-escalating pics of truly fugly audio equipment until after a certain point she will be so numbed and horrified that you'll be able to slip in something only moderately unsightly and she'll be grateful!

You know, regale her with photos of stuff like this, which you can pretend you're SERIOUSLY considering, get on your knees and BEG for it:

this

A few months later she might well consider an SVS sub to be a piece of art! :D

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Hey Eddie.....where did you find a picture of my system... LOL ;).

Trust me....I think I have just about went as far as I can with my system. I have 2 large Boston Vr3 tower speakers.....plus their huge vr920 center, I drilled through our nice hardwood floors to hide the rear speaker cable. I have a pull down screen hanging from the ceiling (alla classroom style......it's removed though when company comes over) and there is a big lump on the edge of our oriental carpet from the component video cable going under it. I was a good hubby though and finished a nice piece of furniture to house all of the audio gear and center channel and I built a shelf under another piece to hide the projector when not in use. If you were to come into my living room all you would see is really the mains. Everything else is pretty well hidden. I figured this HT hobby should be a give and take thing with the wife.......plus buying her the treadmill she always wanted helped LOL ;)!!!!

scott>c

Second Unit
Its definitely a matter of taste. I too had bought axiom speakers. M60`s, Vp150, m22`s and qs8`s. I did a speaker shootout and my jbl s312`s beat out the M60`s. Then I used my klipsch klf 20`s and they won. It was me and and 2 buddies and it was a unanimous decision. I guess we like the bright sound. The axioms seemed like they had a blanket on em. I wouldn`t ever buy from another internet company again without auditioning first.

eddieZEN

Second Unit
Evan,

yes, bribery always works too! Unfortunately they tend to know that already, all too well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks