What's new

Klipsch lovers-Have you heard Axiom? (1 Viewer)

MarkMac

Stunt Coordinator
My new house will be ready in January, and my wife and I will be building a HT in the basement. Originally, I had planned on 7.1 setup running Klipsch Reference 7s all around (RFs, RC, RSs, and a pair of RB75s for the rears), but unfortunately, my "deal" on Klipsch speakers may have fallen though. (hey, anybody out there a Klipsch dealer who wants to talk about the annual deal Klipsch runs with you?...just give me a holler!) Given that, I really can't afford the 7s, anymore, and I'm looking at alternatives. I used to have Reference 3s, and I enjoyed the sound. I'm just looking for something fuller/more detailed/better.

Anyway, I've been doing some reading about Axiom speakers, and I was wondering if anyone who really likes the Klipsch Reference line had had experience with them. What did you think? I am looking at the M80s or M60s up front, VP150 for the center, QS8s for the surrounds, and the M22s for the rear.

For reference, the room will be 21x16x8 with no openings except for the doorway. I'll probably be getting an SVS PB2-ISD for my sub, and I'll be running a Parasound HCA-1205 and Parasound HCA-1000 coupled with a yet to be determined pre/pro.

I am a Klipsch lover but I have never heard the Axioms. I do know alot of Klipsch fans like the Definitive Technologies speakers. Have you looked at those?

MarkMac

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't taken a look at the Def Techs, but I will. I'll also take a look at what soundcity has to offer in Klipsch.

Anyone with opinions on the Axiom comparison?

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I'm not a klipsh lover (I don't hate them either), but I do own Axioms. To me, the Axioms have all the clarity I would ever want but without the "echo" sound that I've heard with Klipsch.

I thought about buying Klipsch (rf7) before I tried out the Axiom m60's and I'm very happy about my decision.:)

MarkMac

Stunt Coordinator
I'm giving this a bump for anyone else who may want to chime in. Thanks for the responses so far!

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
MarkMac,

I just bought the entire RF lineup from a local (authorized) dealer and paid internet (unauthorized) prices. I bought the RF-7s, RC-7, RSW-15 and the RS-7s. Send me a PM and I'll fill you in. I live in Michigan, so it may be worth your while... (Make sure to include your budget.)

I haven't heard Axioms, but I found that the DefTechs sounded comparable and even better than the Klipsch system with vocals, but not even close in home theater applications or rock/country music. The DefTechs were also more expensive...

David

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I'm a Klipsch lover but I haven't heard Axiom. I came close to buying some because from what I read they're bright speakers and since I like the bright sound of Klipsch I figured I would like the sound of Axiom. If you go to Klipsch.com and click forum at the top you can try searching or posting on the forum there.

Keith*D

Agent
Can't give you a side by side comparison, but I love my Axiom's and I truly think I have one of the best deals in speakers. For $400 I don't think there are many speakers that beat the M22 for clarity, accuracy and articulation. There are speakers that sound more inviting to me, but I love the Axioms and if the bright Klipsch sound doesn't bother you than you will probably like the Axioms.

Keith

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mark:

The Axioms come with a 30 day money back guarantee with free shipping to your house. You know what the Klipsch sound like. I would give the Axioms a trial in your own home and make the decision on your own experience with them. You are the one they have to please.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks