What's new

Klipsch as my baseline?of Redish's Schulte in all I know I don't know (1 Viewer)

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
Though, I am new to this form.

I just begun my search for new home theater system I have decided on the Pioneer Elite VSX43 as my receiver. To match this, I and started out looking at the Klipsch RF3 package home theater speaker system with the RSW12 subwoofer. Since joining this form, I have learned of several different speaker systems which I should consider. Mainly in the speaker systems PSB and rocket. Although PSB. Although I can listen to PSB's at a store herethe Rockets I cannot. I've been inundated over the last couple of weeks with information on who thinks what is the best I realize that I must just go to look and listen to each speaker system and determine on my own which sounds the best. For the subwoofers I was extremely happy with the RSW12 Klipsch but from what I've read some, lower powered ported systems are more effective than the to 2400 Watt Klipsch. Is there anyone in the Austin TX area who has a pair of Rockets that I can listen to.

I determined after listening to some expensive speakers vs. listening to some inexpensive speakers that it's not really the price you pay but it's a sound the you hear. I have a neighbor who hasn't Svs subwoofer and he swears by it. The problem with the SVS is the space it takes up in the room and I'm not too excited about the aesthetics either.

Any suggestions?

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, it's me again.

Just wanted not let you know on these posts I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 6.0 and I don't always catch the grammar. So, please forgive me if you do not understand some of the text in the post.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Hi Jaydee, and welcome to the forum.

You'll be very happy with the RF-3's and any of the Klipsch Reference speakers as they all sound wonderful!! As for the RSW12, there ARE better values out there, but that sub is a great sounding one!! I've heard it and was amazed at the output it was capable of. If you go with the RSW12, I doubt you'll be disappointed, but if money is tight, consider going the D.I.Y route, with something like a Shiva sub, and a Parts Express 250 watt amp (PE250), this can't be beat for the money.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I agree with Cam there are better values out there than the rsw-12. I bought the Velo HGS-10 for the same price and it's is much louder and goes lower than the RSW-12. The DIY route is always an option, but not for me personally I almost failed woodshop class. If you plan on ordering online then I'd get the 45tx instead of the 43tx. For about the difference of $100 you about extra feature especially the auto-MCACC which that in itself is worth the extra money. I have the rf-5's, rc-7, and rs-7 setup with the 49tx and it sounds great.

Daniel Smith

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
Dragon is a software which allows me to speak instead of type (a weakness).

RickBlacker

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Klipsch R7 series, RSW-12 and a RSW-15... A fantastic and tight sub with lots of punch. You will like... ;)

PomingF

Second Unit
JD, have you gone over the AVS long Rocket thread? There's at least one user in Austin who just got his entire Rocket setup. If you don't mind travelling I have the Rocket 750/200/300 setup and am about to do a demo to several folks from around the area (in fact one of them will be coming down from Austin) this coming Saturday. If interested, PM me for details and I can even get you in touch with Jerry to see if you can join him for the trip down 35S. :)
PF

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know where you are Pomming. Love to find a resource for Rockets. Went and listened to the PSB's today and was happy. Please email me at [email protected] for info for the DEMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks