Kino Press Release: The Lina Wertmüller Collection: The Seduction of Mimi; Love & Anarchy; All Screw

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 22, 2012.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

2. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

[​IMG]
    I've been wanting to see these films again. There was nothing quite like Lina Wertmüller in the 1970s.
    A definite buy. Priced high as usual by Kino. Let's hope they offer superior transfers this time.
    Where's Swept Away ... By An Unusual Destiny In the Blue Sea of August (1974) and Seven Beauties (1975)? Blood Feud and A Night Full of Rain (both 1978)?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ajabrams

ajabrams Second Unit

Alan Abrams
    Strange that the boxed set is DVD only....oh well.

4. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

NIGHT FULL OF RAIN is owned by WB - think there was an Archive release of this;
    BLOOD FEUD is controlled by ITV - there was a Magnetic Video/Fox release of this back when they had the ITC license but I don't think anything else has surfaced since;
    SWEPT AWAY, SEVEN BEAUTIES, and SUMMER NIGHT were part of a box set that Koch Lorber put out about five years ago. I recall the transfers were okay for the time but non-anamorphic. Not sure if these stayed with the former Koch end (now E1) or if they went with Lorber to their new venture with Kino.
    Fun fact: THE SEDUCTION OF MIMI was the story basis for Richard Pryor's comedy WHICH WAY IS UP?

5. Doctorossi

Doctorossi Supporting Actor

I really hope this proves to be The Lina Wertmüller Collection - Part One, as I'd give my right eye for Pasqualino Settebellezze and Travolti da Un Insolito Destino... on Blu-ray. I guess that'd mean I wouldn't be in for the 3D conversions. ;)

6. Doctorossi

Doctorossi Supporting Actor

I'm starting to get antsy about this release. Has anyone found any technical reviews of any of these (the BDs) yet?