Kino Press Release: My Joy

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG] Kino Lorber Proudly Announces the DVD release of Sergei Loznitsa's acclaimed film, My Joy (2010).

[​IMG]

"Brilliant... Welcome to a Russia that's rotten to the core." - Time Out New York

"As beautiful as a bruise." - The Guardian

"Stark, moody, beautiful-looking, suspenseful...itself, a joy." - Manohla Dargis, The New York Times

"MY JOY is a maddening vision and one of the year's must-see provocations" - Michael Atkinson, The Village Voice

[​IMG]

For Immediate Release

New York, NY - March 6, 2012 -
    Kino Lorber is proud to announce the DVD release of the first dramatic feature by acclaimed documentarian Sergei Loznitsa, My Joy (2010), which was an official selection at the Cannes and New York Film Festivals. Shot by cinematographer Oleg Mutu (4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days), the film is a haunting parable of post-Communist Russia.

My Joy, which was a New York Times Critics' Pick, was released theatrically by Kino Lorber in 2011, and now comes to DVD with bonus material including a theatrical trailer and stills gallery. The DVD streets on March 13th, with a SRP of $29.95

[​IMG]

Truck driver Georgy (Viktor Nemets) sets out on a provincial Russian highway for a routine delivery, but after a series of chance encounters his journey spirals out of control. A roadside police check, a talkative war veteran, and a too-young prostitute lead him to a village from which there appears to be no way out - where the locals struggle to survive a tough, elemental world, and the past holds a vise-like grip over their everyday lives. Caught in a merciless dead end, Georgy's unexpected fate is the crux of Loznitsa's unique and original feature debut.

[​IMG]

Based on true stories the director encountered during his decade-long pilgrimage by road through Russia, My Joy is a terrifying look into the abyss from an arresting new voice in feature filmmaking.

[​IMG]

BONUS MATERIAL
    * Theatrical Trailer
    * Stills Gallery
    2:35:1, 16x9 * 128 minutes * Russian w/ English subtitles * Stereo * Not Rated * Color

My Joy (2010)
    Director: Sergei Loznitsa
    Genre: Drama
    SRP: $29.95
    Street date: March 13, 2012