Kino Lorber Press Release: If I Were You

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 1, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Kino Lorber Announces DVD Release of
    If I Were You, a film by Joan Carr-Wiggin starring Marcia Gay Harden

Street date: May 14, 2013
    DVD SRP: $29.95

943.jpg

"Delightful...Harden is a brilliant comedian." - Huffington Post

"Whip-smart wordplay...Marcia Gay Harden does a star turn in versatility" - Village Voice

New York, NY - May 1, 2013 - Kino Lorber is proud to announce the DVD release of If I Were You, a film by Joan Carr-Wiggin starring Academy Award® winner Marcia Gay Harden, Leonor Watling and Aidan Quinn. The film, which Kino Lorber released theatrically earlier this year, was praised as "Pure cinematic delight, a gem that recalls the best of a Woody Allen or a Nora Ephron" (Pete Hammond, Movieline).

Now, If I Were You comes to DVD, with a street date of May 14th and a SRP of $29.95. Special features include cast interviews and the theatrical trailer.

944.jpg

Madelyn (Marcia Gay Harden) is a successful, self-possessed, middle-aged businesswoman - until she finds out that her husband's late nights at work are actually intimate dinners with a sexy young aspiring actress, Lucy (Leonor Watling, Hable con Ella). When Madelyn starts stalking this new mistress, she witnesses what she thinks might be the beginnings of a suicide attempt and ends up talking her down.

While Lucy is ignorant of Madelyn's true identity, the two form a bizarre pact with unforeseen consequences. Matters are complicated further by an amorous coworker and an encounter with a handsome stranger (the ever delectable Aidan Quinn).

946.jpg

16:9 / 115 minutes / English / Not Rated / 5.1 Dolby and Stereo / Color /
    Closed Captioned

Special Features:
    Cast Interviews
    Theatrical Trailer

945.jpg

If I Were You
    Written & Directed by Joan Carr-Wiggin
    Produced by Alan Latham and David Gordian
    Starring Marcia Gay Harden, Leonor Watling, Aidan Quinn
    Genre: Comedy