King of Queens S7 - final set?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by AnthonyC, Nov 6, 2006.

1. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

2. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

maybe it's an error on Gord's behalf. KOQ is one of those shows that's been on a long time but doesn't necessarily feel like it's been on so long, so maybe it felt a little shorter than it really is, and with it on hiatus until the last go-round of episodes start early next year, one may assume that it was over. I remember the local paper assumed "Reba" (which will be back in a few weeks) was gone at the beginning of the seasons because it was renewed as a mid-season replacement instead of a full season order.

3. Jeff-Wooten

Jeff-Wooten Stunt Coordinator

When I first read the press release, I thought they were meant the "eighth" season being released (much as the last year of Frasier was released on dvd after it's series finale), but then I remembered the series is coming back for its "ninth" season this January. I hope it's a typo. IMO, I thought Season 8 was a bit lackluster, but the completist in me would like to have all the KOQ seasons on dvd (and Season 8 does feature the very funny "stripper pole in the bedroom" and "bed-and-breakfast" episodes).

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Yes, I messed up. I woke up and posted the news after reading this:

Broadcast debut of the final season on CBS

in the information from Sony. I was sleepy, and I read "final season" and posted it in the news. Whoops! I've received about 60-75 emails about it.

Gord - Moron

5. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Not a problem; I just wanted to clarify that they weren't abandoning the series after this set (didn't think they would but I just wanted to be sure). [​IMG]