King Kong DVD/Poster Question

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Moore Maxx, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Moore Maxx

Moore Maxx Stunt Coordinator

Sorry if this has been brought up already but I was wondering if anyone here who bought the original version of King Kong on DVD, when it was released a few months back, ordered the re-issue of the original poster for the film from the DVD slip inside the packaging?

My check for $3.00 or so was cashed some time ago and I still haven't recieved it yet.

Anyone here get it yet or heard why the delay?

Thanks,

Maxx

2. Michelle Schmid

Michelle Schmid Stunt Coordinator

Michelle Schmid
    My check (for $3.25) was cashed on 3/1/06 but I haven't received my poster yet, either. [​IMG] On the other hand, it sure was funny writing "King Kong Free Poster Offer" on a check! Maybe it should have been, "King Kong Free Poster with Postage Paid Offer"? [​IMG]

Hopefully it'll arrive soon. *wishful thinking* Maybe it's in my mailbox right now!

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I just got it yesterday. And I sent the stuff in the week the DVD came out. Oh well, better late than never.

4. GlennWD

GlennWD Stunt Coordinator

I got mine almost two months ago. Its framed and is hanging on the wall right now. It looks beautiful. Im sure you will be getting your's very soon.

5. eric tengren

eric tengren Stunt Coordinator

yeah, I got mine about a month ago.

6. Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington Screenwriter

From the 1933 King Kong DVD set thread:

I'm going to call because my poster was creased in the middle by the hamfisted person who put it in the tube.

edit: did so, and spoke with a very nice lady. But she apparently wasn't the one to okay a replacement so she took my address and number and said someone would call with the determination.

7. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

I finally got mine yesterday. It took over 12 weeks from the time I mailed in the form (I was starting to lose hope). It came rolled in a tube and was in perfect condition. I framed it and, as others have said, it looks great up on a wall.