King Kong (1933) Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
eric scott richard said:
It may be because they reinserted footage of the fall without a splice, which is how it was for decades.
I took his "near the end of thefirst landing" to mean the first time they rowed ashore, saw the native Kong ceremony, and the King offered to buy Anne. I saw no issues there. If by fall, you mean where they let go of the rope to escape Kong, I'll have to look again. But I don't think that's what the poster was writing about.

kinzoels

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bill lettang
Hello: I'll try to be more specific.. when denham and crew land on the island you see the wall in the back..keep watching this scene and you will notice a drop in the size of the wall..I've looked at this a dozen times and can't figure out why..Thanks

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just watched the sceene from when the boats land on the shore in a long shot and stopping when we see a scene back on the boat. I saw no change in the size of the wall. There were several changes in the framing of the scene, from long shots to closeups. The amount of the wall and how much of the screen that the wall occupies changes in accord with the framing of the shot. Nothing looked like the wall was changing size. Was the wall a miniature? If it was and it was misplaced in a shot, that would sure vary it's size, but I didn't see it. On a side note, I heard what must be one of the earliest product placement ads. When the witch doctor is complaining to the chief about the the ceremony being ruined: "Boonya, Boonya" the Chief replies "Costco!" I listened to it twice. Perhaps the Chief is saying to buy your Boones Farm Wine from Costco. :)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
On a side note, I heard what must be one of the earliest product placement ads. When the witch doctor is complaining to the chief about the the ceremony being ruined: "Boonya, Boonya" the Chief replies "Costco!" I listened to it twice. Perhaps the Chief is saying to buy your Boones Farm Wine from Costco.
The founders of Costco watched King Kong, its the only explanation since Costco was founded 50 years after King Kong's release.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Nitrate Fires make me cry. How much we've lost... :( If only I could see The Patriot... or The Legion of the Condemmed (It contains deleted scenes from Wings)... or the lost work of George Meles...
So sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks