What's new

Kill Bill: Volume 2 Teaser Trailer (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Took next friday off. Cant wait.

From DH....

"Ananova reports that Director Quentin Tarantino is planning an animated prequel to both the "Kill Bill" movies which will show the early times of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad. The film will be drawn in Japanese anime style that was already seen in "Kill Bill Volume 1" and the story will focus on the three men (Esteban Vihaio, Hattori Hanzo and Pei Mei) who turned Bill into a ruthless killer.

Tarantino told Zap2It that "In the writing of the film, since I'm creating my own mythology from the ground up, I had to figure out that mythology, I had to really figure out what's going on. In the course of doing that I came up with all these cool stories and all these cool tales and these interesting things that would just bog everything down if I tried to get them across. So now that the mythology is set up, I'd like to explore it in a few different ways".

QT himself is expected to write and produce the film, whilst he also speculated that he could return to Kill Bill's world in 15 years' time to follow the daughter of Vivica Fox's character seeking revenge for the slaying of her mother in front of her. In the meantime the director is next set to direct the WW2 flick "Inglorious Bastards"."

Alphonse Brown

Stunt Coordinator
In terms of the trailer spoilers, in addition to the appearance of the kid, and the way she's introduced
, the trailer shows that she will be buried alive, which was a very surprising and effectively claustrophobic scene for me that I didn't see coming even though the name of that chapter is "The Lonely Grave of Paula Schultz".
All in all, it is a great trailer that could've withheld those shots, but it does make you want to see it ASAP so it succeeds in that aspect.

Actually, I have an opportunity to see this again tomorrow morning, and I think I'll jump on it to catch some nuances I may have missed (or forgot about) on my first viewing

jonathanR

Stunt Coordinator
Check out this link from Roper & ebert. Its an early audio review for Kill Bill Vol. 2. They're giving it great praise, top 10 list of the year and a possible nomination for Carradine's character.

** just click on the Speaker button......a couple spoilers......, but if you saw trailer #2 you already know

Ebert's Kill Bill 2 early review

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
No trailer viewing for me before I see the film. I could not possibly want to see ANY movie more than I want to see this one, so the less I know the better. Thanks to everyone in this thread for spoilerizing appropriately--I haven't looked behind any of those tags, and I know I can come back to this thread without seeing anything I don't want to see.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
If a trailer had been released a few months then I probably would have watched it. But being so close to release date and staying away from spoilers, I think i'll pass especially since people say it contains some unexpected spoilers. Can't wait for this film, especially after Ebert's audio review. I have to agree with him in saying Tarantino's dialogue is endlessly fascinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks