What's new

Kill Bill Vol.1 Limited Box set Review R2 (Japan) (1 Viewer)

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I watched my copy last night. Blind buy (though I 1. Love Quentin 2. Love the genre he is paying homage to. Fantastic movie. I may watch it again tonight. I would have to argue that the closeups were crisp but I agree with the R1 review on thedigitalbits that mid range detail (background and distance) loses detail. Not badly but some. Far from a problem more like a nit pick (I view on 103" screen from Dwin TV3 DLP HD2 from Denon DVD5900 through DVI).
I can't wait to see V2
Marc

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
sigh.
the japanese have it way over us in turning out really cool editions of any media-books, CDs, Laserdiscs and now DVDs. Sometimes they are so limited that even those in Japan have a hard time getting them if they arent on the ball...and then there is the famous high quality and attention to detail. Doubt it could be done here.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Does anybody know the lowest price this is selling for? I will be doing a promotion on my site for it and I just want to make sure it's a good price. It would be through HKFLIX.COM and they will offer visiter to my site a discount.

Thanks,
Matt

Tom Oh

Second Unit
Keep in mind that the yellow jump suit DVD cover is a special item given out for certain outlet orders and is not part of the normal box set. I didn't get one.

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator
i think i'll stick with the standard R2J edition. $65 for the standard edition is still a steep price.

JasonCC

Auditioning
Just as an FYI there is a Chinese Region 0 version starting to float around. Up here in Toronto it sells for $8-$10 Canadian. It's dual layer/DVD9, and comes in a really nice black and red box. I own the real Region 2 / Japanese disc, and when I ripped them down and compared the VOB's and they are the same. I played the discs on 2 tv's using a Malata 520 and the picture and sound were identical. So it's another alternative to the expensive Japanese import.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks