What's new

Kill Bill: "The Whole Bloody Affair" 4 discs (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Itll be interesting to see it as one film for those of us who havent.

I wonder if itll just play back to back or whether things will actually be reedited for the one film version.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

As far as I know there are only minor, non-structural changes made and that they still pretty much play as-is and that there's even an intermission between "volumes".

The combined length will make it necessary to split the film up on two discs anyways so the intermission doesn't bother me.

I have a feeling that a lot of people are gonna be expecting massive changes and those people are gonna be very disappointed.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I hope they remove the "recap" scene from the beginning of Kill Bill 2. It was the scene with Uma Thurman driving a car telling the audience what happened in the first movie. It was kind of lame.

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Nice concept. I have no interest unless there is an HD optical disc offered. Will wait it out otherwise.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I am sure they will remove that scene from the FOUR DVD SET.
You can count on it. :)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading the script on the internet a years or so before the movie was released, and from memory, I'm pretty sure that was actually the first scene in the script.

Mike*Sch

Stunt Coordinator

When it played as one movie at Cannes, it was the Japanese versions of the two movies, but without the last scene of Vol. 1 (the bride making her list on the plane), and without the first scene, which you referred to, from Vol. 2.

Certainly, a few changes will be made, but if we do see it in the movie, I think it would have to be as Matthew described.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Just in case anyone was interested, I decided to go in search of the script I was talking about. And here it is. It' s an interesting read - it also has the famed "Yuki's Revenge" segment that Tarantino cut before filming, in which Go-Go has a twin sister that tries to take revenge on the Bride for Go-Go's death.

Mike*Sch

Stunt Coordinator
For a while there, Tarantino was talking about doing "Yuki's Revenge" as an animated sequence, and sticking it back into THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I waited and waited for this, and now they've held off for so long that I'm now into the HD discs. I'm going to pass knowing that eventually this will make it onto one of the HD formats...

See Weinstein Co? This is what happens when you sit on something for too long. You lose a customer.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

You gain a customer here. I have no need for the HD version and I'm glad it's coming to regular DVD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Ya's fancy pants, all a ya's.
I want mine on VHS.

Well, actually S-VHS. :)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
When other versions of "KB" were announced for home video release, people screamed it was to soon! Now people are saying its too late?
"KB" just can't win!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
No, Weinstein could have won, had they followed the LoTR method, which was to be up front about the upcoming releases, release the theatrical versions and then in a short, pre-announced amount of time, released the extended edition.

It didn't help that the Japanese got an extended version not long after the initial U.S. DVD release, but now it's been over a year (perhaps over two I've lost track of time) and some people have moved on to the newer home theater formats.

I'm not scorning them for this release, I too am glad it came out. Rather I blame them for sitting on something that they've had in the can for quite a while (and yes, I'm equal opportunity, I'm PO'd at New Line for sitting on the director's cut of Dark City, which should have been released a while ago).

If it had taken this long to get the extended edition together that would be one thing, but from what I've read it seems like this has been finished for quite some time.

In any case, it's nothing that I have on the actual product. Eventually it will be released on HD, and I'll snap it up when it does. Just expressing my feelings over what I feel was an unnecessary delay. Rather than see my opinion as some attack on the release (which it's not) ask yourself this: would you have purchased this 1-2 years ago? From what I hear, it was ready to go then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks