What's new

KILL BILL: The multiple versions thread (6 from Miramax; Japanese, SEs, etc.) (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I think this is excellent news, the merging of both volumes. This would work very well as one long epic with an intermission, like BEN-HUR or IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD. Can't wait! :)

Blake Siefken

Stunt Coordinator
Bill's actions at the massacre towards the other poor jokers was sadistic, but not to her. During V1, Uma as a cold blooded killer never occured to me, honestly. Either I'm very stupid, or QT is a freaking genius at anticipating the audience's perceptions and then playing with them (probably both).

Bill and the other Deadly Vipers deserved to die for what they did, but so did she.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Never saw these in the theater and haven't bought them on DVD but I caved recently and rented them. I will hold off on buying them until it is the one movie version because it really should have been one movie but was essentially put in to 2 features because of the length. I was blown away with vol 1 and 2 the way it is but we really need the longer colored House of Blue Leaves fight scene as well as Sofie Fatale's other arm being hacked off.
I'll keep close tabs on this thread to see when the release date is announced.

Bill Hunt

Insider
As I believe someone earlier in this thread noted, Miramax seems to have retained the rights to the theatrical cuts, while Tarantino took the extended version with him (both the theatrical and home video rights) to the Weinstein's new company. As recently as CES, Miramax was promoting the eventual DVD release of the Kill Bill films on Blu-ray Disc.

Mark Anthony

Second Unit
Bill, with regard to Miramax has their been any word on what has happened to their long-rumoured release of the Bronston epic's, do they even have the home video rights any more?

M

Josh.C

Second Unit
Hey guys, I dug up this old thread because I have been desperately trying to find out if they are going to come out with any new releases of the Kill Bill movies, preferably a boxed set of some sort with additional features.

I didn't have any luck on the DVD threads. Any info you have would be helpful, as I really want to own these movies, but have held out in hopes of this imaginary boxed set.

Thanks,

JC

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Josh,
I placed your post here because the prior thread is for movie reviews only. So hopefully, you'll find some answers here, but it looks like any dvd release might not happen anytime soon. Can we say Blu-ray or HD DVD? Time will tell.

Crawdaddy

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I really got my hopes up, but it's ok.

We still have what, 15 years until Kill Bill Volume 3?

:)

ry

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Well, Kill Bill was recently announced as coming to BluRay on Sept 9. And it's NOT the Whole Bloody Affair edition. It's Volumes 1 and 2 on separate discs. Dammit. If they're not using Blu to get KB:TWBA out then it's not likely to come out anytime soon.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Shame. the special editions better be really special if they expect my money, I have no problem waiting indefinitely for the "WBA" version. I got the previous releases for $10 previously viewed, so he's not getting much money out of my bites of the apple.... ;)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I guarantee the Weinstein's won't be releasing TWBA until they've got some new Tarantino product to cross promote. That's just how they are.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

Lets hope thats not the case since IMDB says his next project is Inglorious Bastards and he's been working on that for almost 10 years. The man likes to procrastinate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks